Lazy days

Thanks for reading!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Get up."

"No."

Riley glared down at her best friend who was busy laying down on the couch with popcorn kernels all over her. Her hair was in a messy bun, a tank top and sweatpants clung to her skin as she stared at the tv with the remote laying limply in her hand.

"Maya, this isn't healthy." Riley told her.

"I don't remember asking for your opinion." Maya responded without taking her eyes off the tv.

"Don't make me call uncle Josh and let him see you like this." Riley told her. Maya laughed.

"Ha! Jokes on you. He's already seen me naked." Maya grinned. Riley shuddered in disgust at the thought.

"Get up!" She tried again.

"No!" Maya responded as her hand went into the half empty bowl beside her to grab a handful of popcorn. Bringing it to her mouth, half of it got in, the other half fell on her chest and down to the floor and on the couch.

"Come on! We have plans today!" Riley told her.

"You have plans to go out. I have a date with this couch and this remote all afternoon." Maya stated. Riley sighed.

Riley slumped down on the couch beside her best friend and blew a raspberry with her mouth. She glared over at her Maya, who was still staring at the tv as the program played on.

"Maya, please get up?" Riley asked in the nicest way possible, even using her puppy dog eyes that usually got her anything she wanted-

"No." Riley groaned in frustration. "Riley, this is Maya's day. Which means today I ain't doing anything that anyone tells me to do besides sitting on the couch and stuffing my face with junk food." Maya told her. "You could join me, you know."

"I can't. I promised Lucas I'd meet up with him at the mall." Riley told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Of course. Ever since you started being serious with Huckleberry, you have no use for me." Maya said bitterly. Riley scoffed.

"Please, you have no room to talk. My idea of a Friday night sleepover is not walking into your room and catching you sucking faces with my uncle!" Riley retorted. Maya smirked.

"Well now we're even." She said. Riley shook her head.

"Not even close." Riley stated. "You're always hanging out with Josh on your free time."

"Do you see me hanging out with him now?" Maya asked sarcastically. Suddenly there was a knock on the front door.

"Oh gee, I wonder who that could be." Riley said with fake enthusiasm. She got up from Maya's couch and walked over to the door. She opened it and was immediately met with her uncle's surprised gaze.

"Hey Riles, I didn't know you'd be here today." Josh said.

"I'm not." Riley told him before she walked over and grabbed her Keys and bag. "Have a good day, Peaches!" She called out. Maya just grunted in acknowledgment before Riley walked past Josh and out the door.

Josh shook his head and shut the door behind him as he walked further into the Hunter's living room and shifted his gaze towards his girlfriend. His raised his eyebrow in amusement.

"Oh the things you do to me." He said sarcastically. Maya rolled her eyes as she shifted her head back to stare at him.

"What part of 'Maya day' do you Matthews not understand?" She asked. Josh grinned at her as he leaned over the back of the couch to meet her lips with his.

"Since I got the afternoon off from classes and wanted to come see my favorite girl." He stated. Maya just hummed at him as she moved back to where the tv was.

"Don't let Shawn hear you say that too loud. He and my mom are about to come through that door any minute now." Maya told him. Josh smiled as he jumped over the couch and right on Maya. Causing her to laugh as he slightly crushed her underneath him.

"You coming to my dorm room this weekend?" He asked her.

"Maybe, it depends on if you let me finish my Maya time by myself or not." She told him. Josh rolled his eyes as he buried his face into her neck.

"But I miss you." He whined.

"We saw each other yesterday." Maya responded.

"But that's too long." He stated. Maya smiled as she brought her hand up to run through his hair. "Why do you want to be by yourself anyway?" He asked her. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"Just getting some time to myself. I don't do that a lot. I love you and Riley, and I love spending time with you guys and the rest of my friends and family. But sometimes I just need to take some time and reflect on myself. It's part of the whole process of me working on self love. Spending time with myself has helped a lot." She explained.

"I may believe that if spending time with yourself didn't include watching movies and staying on the couch all day." Josh told her. Maya rolled her eyes as she pulled his hair a little to get him to come from her neck and meet his gaze with hers.

"I don't spend all day on the couch watching movies. I have a process. There are 24 hours in a day of which I can do many things by myself." Maya told him.

"Well, don't work on yourself too much. Because I happen to think that you're perfect." He told her seriously. Maya smiled as she leaned in and kissed him again. Too busy in each other to hear the door open.

"Oh, God my eyes!" Shawns voice cried out. Josh jumped away from Maya so fast that he fell off the couch onto the floor. Maya breathed hard as she sat up to look at her parents with wide eyes. "Get out! Get out!" Shawn cried as he hit himself in the head with his hand at the mental image that was now engraved in the back of his mind of his daughter and the kid who became like his younger brother.

"Gladly." Josh stated as he got up from the floor and rushed out of the apartment, making sure to stay away from Shawn as he went.

Maya gave her mother an innocent smile as Katy tried to look stern and not laugh at her husband being over dramatic as Shawn was now banging his head up against the wall.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!