It's happening again

*3RD POV*

"If you're watching this, that probably means I've croaked."

Peter's eyes widened as he watched hologram-Tony laugh awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

Peter hadn't touched anything, just walked into the living room and the hologram had flicked on.

"I... god, I'm not good at this. Uh- maybe I went out in a cool, heroic way, or maybe some stupid way. It would suck, but would anyone be surprised? No. But uh.. it's more likely it was from this.." the man pulled down the collar of his shirt, revealing irritated marks trailing up his neck. They were purple like veins, the skin outlining them bright red.

The look of them made Peter nauseous.

"Hey Pete! What're you watchi-" he could feel Clint stop in his tracks, becoming quiet. "What the fuck..."

"So, yeah... it's happening again. I-I'm trying to fix it, I am. But... this is the second time it's happening. I tried the lithium dioxide to slow it down but it's not working anymore. It was bound to happen again, eh?"

He watched as Tony twitched in pain and bite his lip, looking away guiltily.

Peter doesn't know how he missed it all.

Tony seemed antsy lately, when Peter was around him he seemed tense. (focusing on not showing he was in any pain.) He'd lost a lot of weight lately and he was fighting with Pepper more, her exclaiming that there was something wrong and she saw Tony was pushing everyone away when he locked himself in that lab for days. He denied it every time.

"Oh no..." Natasha's voice muttered from behind him. He could sense the rest of the avengers walking into the room, the atmosphere tense.

"I'm sorry for all the shit I put you guys through. Especially you Pep."

Peter heard a gasp behind him.

"You were right, you always are. I was uh... trying to protect you guys I guess."

He takes a sip off a drink, immediately spitting it out. "Fuck Dum-E- god, maybe I died from this dumbass putting motor oil in all my drinks."

The video cut out for a moment then returned to him fiddling with the camera.

"I-uh- where was I..." he muttered, "Oh yeah, thank you guys. I know I'm an asshat most of the time... well no, all the time. But thank you... for letting me make the world a better place with you."

"Hey guys what's up, FRI said I needed to come-"
Tony stopped in his tracks.

"And Pete... I love ya kiddie. Stay awesome, ok?"

The light blue hologram shut off, making the the room dark.

"Well fuck."

Everyone began yelling and Tony just stood there and took it.

His eyes were wide and his jaw was slack. He looked helpless, far off from his usual persona. His pupils darted from person to person, as they each demanded his attention for an explanation.