twenty six

excuse mistakes

one year later...

"Stop crying and go over there with your mama." Ja'Kye said to Sahara, as he pointed to Dior and the rest of the girls.

Sahara jumped up and down crying louder as she tried to climb into Ja'Kye's lap. Sahara was very sleepy but the family was currently at a block party and they had only been there for a hour and a half.

Ja'Kye stood to his feet and scooped Sahara up in his arms walking towards Dior who was laughing uncontrollably.

"Bitch I can't stand yo ass." Jaliyah rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Bae please get her, she sleepy." Ja'Kye groaned. Dior wiped her face from the tears of laughter and came back to reality.

"Come on boo." Dior chuckled reaching for Sahara. Ja'Kye leaned down to give her to Dior and then snuck back off to finish his dice game.

"TT baby, you finna go to sleep? We outside all summer." Jaliyah stood up twerking with her hands on her knees.

"Go inside." Sahara sniffled adjusting herself in her mom's lap. Even though Sahara was seven, she was still small like a five year old. She still had some baby ways and her vocabulary was still progressing.

"Oop." Summer giggled.

"That's why yeen coming back to my house you can't hang." Jaliyah bucked.

"Ion cure." Sahara mugged, closing her eyes. Dior, Summer, and Jaliyah chuckled.

"Where my baby at?" Dior asked Summer.

"She over there eating that frozen cup." Summer chuckled nodding her head towards Ansley who was under a tree devouring the sweet frozen treat.

Ansley made eye contact with her mom and walked over where the rest of them sat. "Mommy I-I w-want a h-hotdog." One thing about Ansley, she was gone eat.

"Ans you just had two when we got here." Summer chuckled, shaking her head.

"Tell her poo, my baby said it's free food while it last." Jaliyah said.

"I'll get you one in a minute, where your barrettes?" Summer frowned, noticing Ansley's dangling twists without the hair accessories.

Ansley grabbed one of her hair twist and started swirling it around her finger. "I d-dunno know."

Summer shook her head and made a mental note to go to the hair store. Every time she did Ansley's hair with barrets and bobos they always went missing, and Ansley never knew where they went.

At school Ansley's teacher would literally find the hair accessories in the classroom and put them in a ziploc bag for Summer to pick up.

"S-SaSa s-sleepy?" Ansley asked Dior, as Dior rubbed Sahara's back.

"Yes, your best friend is so lazy." Dior chuckled looking down at Sahara that mugged in her sleep.

"BABY SHE SLEEP?" Ja'Kye yelled stopping the whole dice game to check on Dior and Sahara. Instead of her responding Dior replied with a head nod.

"So I have some news that's been weighing on my
mind." Dior sighed getting Summer and Jaliyah's attention.

"What's up?" Jaliyah asked.

"So I guess ole girl got released from prison last month." Dior mumbled.

"Who?" Summer asked, confused.

"Her birth giver." Dior sighed, pointing to Sahara.

"Fuck that bitch. She texted you or some?" Jaliyah mugged as her mood instantly changed.