8

Sweat dripped onto the rubber mats as Nina panted softly. Her hands were braced against her hips as she forced herself upright, trying to control her rapid breathing as she looked around the room.

Groaning agents lay on the floor, some were unconscious but most just in a lot of pain.

Nina was in the training room, where she had gone immediately after she'd woken up from one of her usual night terrors to cool down. Her original plan was to practise a few knife sequences, but it had quickly changed once she noticed the group of agents at the door.

All dying to get a glimpse of the great Executioner.

It annoyed her off, it always did, but she couldn't bring herself to snap at them because she wanted a sparring partner and now she had 15 willing bodies.

15 willing bodies, now with matching scars to remind them of the day they pissed her off.

"I don't enjoy being stared at like some rare specimen," she was still a little breathless as she addressed the crowd, looking up to the panelled ceiling and taking deep breaths, "take this as your first and final warning because next time... I won't be as nice."

Her response was only a series of groans but she didn't press for more coherent answers. Nina only lowered her head, grabbing a towel and throwing it over her shoulder. She held up a hand in a form of goodbye before exiting the room and wiping away the sweat on her face.

"Good, you're awake," she heard as she turned a corner towards her bunk to take a shower. May stood there and she didn't give Nina a chance to say a greeting before grabbing her arm and pulling her down the hall.

Nina hissed immediately at the contact and May let go, she didn't question the response and only continued to guide her through the hallway. Nina's hate for being touched was nothing new but May was being to notice that her touch aversion was much deeper than before.

"I've been up for a while," Nina said as she allowed May to dictate her destination, "why do you look so mad?"

May answered by handing the younger agent a tablet. Nina looked at her confused before focusing on the device and watching the surveillance film playing on it. She was a little surprised to see a man in an old SHIELD uniform leading a team as they stormed the UN

"Why didn't I know we were attacking the UN?" Nina asked as the two women entered the kitchen area, "and more importantly, why wasn't I invited?"

She looked up from the device to see Skye, Trip and Coulson in the same room while they watched a news report on the TV.

"An attack today of the UN left six dead and dozens injured," the news anchor said with a solemn expression, "many have not been identified. SHIELD's biggest opponent, US Air Force Brigadier General Glen Talbot."

"Wait we were after Talbot?" Nina asked, no longer amused at the idea. Coulson gulped at the tone she used, but Trip was the first one to speak.

"Sir, this wasn't us, was it?" he asked pointed at the screen.

"No, this is HDYRA looking for revenge," Coulson answered and Nina relaxed against the counter. She ignored the looks Skye and Trip gave her, knowing that the amazement in their eyes of her being alive would take a while to wear off, "best guess, Daniel Whitehall had his people impersonate SHIELD to put the world's attention back on us."

"So much for staying in the shadows," Skye pouted.

"Whitehall?" Nina asked, leaning over to May as she uttered a name she didn't know.

"You haven't gotten caught up yet?" May asked and Nina gave her a dumbfounded look.

"I've been here for less than 8 hours, and everyone was asleep for half of that," she responded as she crossed her arms, "I don't know where any of the files are in this place and I don't have access to the computers yet, when was I meant to get caught up?"