𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘳𝘦𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 )

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘢 ─ 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 

𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵

"𝑨𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵, 𝑪𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑺!"

Regulus Black ignored Slughorn's voice, drowning the shrill noise to background sound as his grey eyes stared at Penelope Greengrass. Her forest green eyes were cautiously read the instructions for the Amortentia the professor had paired the two to brew, teeth gnawing on her bottom soft pink lip in concentration. A lock of her auburn red hair fell, dangling above her eyes before she leaned back, sighing in frustration.

Her eyes met his grey ones, and Regulus quickly looked away, and hoped his best friend didn't notice. He hated his pale skin, as his light blush must be obviously apparent across his sharp cheekbones. 

"I don't understand shit, Reg!" Poppy slammed her book shut, pouting slightly as she tucked that loose strand behind her ear.

"Language, Miss Greengrass!" Slughorn exclaimed from the other side of the classroom, making the red-head mutter under her breath in annoyance, before plastering a fake smile for the professor, sending Slughorn an apologetic look.

Regulus softly smiled at her, grabbing the book from her hands and opening it. "With that attitude, we'll never get the Felix Felicis." 

Professor Slughorn had promised that the pair that had made the best Amortentia in the class will gain a small vial of Felix Felicis. While other students muttered excitedly between themselves about why they wanted or needed the lucky potion, Penelope thought that, surely, no one needed it as much as herself ─ a girl on the brink of death.