Chapter-38

Arinya's POV

Finally the longest torturous night of the eon ended and a new day made it's way into the world. I had been an sorrowful, tired and agonized mess since the moment I had seen Ashton's picture.
Aiden and I, both couldn't fall asleep for a single second last night. He kept ensuring me that Ashton must be alright but my miserable failed attempts at keeping my mind on the trail of good thoughts kept coming in my way.

A lady came into our room with two bags which had Aiden and my clothes. She politely asked us to get ready in an hour. Aiden was also taken to some other room to get ready and I was left alone in the one I had been in since yesterday. I really needed to calm my frustrated nerves so I decided to take a long relaxing shower. I opened the bag and found a really beautiful and simple white gown which also happened to be a little back revealing. There was also a box full of makeup products which I certainly didn't even knew the names of half the lot, let alone how to use those products.

"Really?" I muttered in disbelief.
What kind of weird kidnapping stances I am experiencing? Who wears a gown at situations like these? Can't I just get a loose t-shirt and a pair of jeans or joggers?

I heaved a sigh and stopped my sulking session. I headed to the connecting washroom and first thing I did was to check for any hidden cameras when my suspicious instincts kicked in. I'd rather be a little paranoid then repenting it later. I've been through a similar blunder once and I don't really feel like repeating history again. When I was finally convinced that there aren't any spying cameras anywhere I stepped into the hot shower which actually relaxed my bruised body to some extent.

I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. Since I was given a somewhat backless dress to embrace, I decided to conceal the numerous bruises living rent-free all over my skin. I took out the concealer bottle and after deriving all the theorems on makeup application for another half an hour, I was finally done covering up my scars and bruises.

I pulled out the dress from the bag and slipped into it. I channeled my inner non-existential makeup artist and tried my hands on the most basic products from the box. Frankly I looked decent enough to face mankind. I put in zero efforts in doing my hair and let it in very loose wavy curls.
And I was ready, dying of anticipation to see Ashton safe and sound.

After a few more minutes of waiting, the same lady who came earlier in the morning entered the room

"Ma'am, are you ready?" She asked.

"Yes." I said and stood up from the bed.

"I am really sorry but I'll have to blindfold you and tie your hands at the back as per orders." She added nervously.

"Oh." was all I could muster.
Actually to be honest, I am done with these blindfolds and ropes for real but I knew I'll have to obey if I need to get to Ashton. Besides the poor lady is just doing her job.