Grand Opening- Chapter 21

Tuesday 23rd May

- 12 pm

Kendra

"Bakari ??"

"Bakari ??"

"Are you just going to repeat my name like you've seen a ghost ?" He asks me as he showcases those beautiful dimples in his cheeks.

I was just as captivated as I was the first time we met.

It makes no sense for someone to be this fine in real life.

"Forgive me Bakari but I haven't seen you in what... 5 years? Besides what are you doing in LA? Shouldn't you be in Baltimore taking the business world by storm ?"

"Yeah I was, but life doesn't always turn out the way you expect it to....... Hey, are you in a rush, or could we sit down and catch up for a little bit?"

I looked at my phone and saw it was just after 12 in the afternoon. It's not as if I had any other plans so I thought why not.

"Sure, let's grab a booth"

He steps out of the way and allows me to lead us to a booth of my choice. He has always been a gentleman. Even from the very first day we met.

It was during moving day into our college dorms.

I accidentally ended up in his dorm room with my clumsy self after I got lost around the campus in true Kendra fashion. But he was so understanding and even helped me move all my stuff into my actual room.

After that, we practically became inseparable. He was literally my best friend.

We started going out, things happened and feelings changed. We wanted different things. Although we agreed on things at that moment we both knew our moment in the sun would come to an end. I was just real enough to admit it.

But that's a story for another day.

I found a booth to my liking and we sat across from each other.

"So, do you always hang around coffee shops paying for women's drinks ?"

"Only when they're as beautiful as you"

"Still the flatterer I see."

He flashed that smile that used to leave me weak at the knees. But right now I'm on about a level 6 in terms of weakness.

My goodness, this man is fine.

We sat down as the waitress brought our orders over. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact this he was really sitting in front of me.

With Bakari, everything was easy. We rarely argued, he was always so gentlemanly and lifted me up in every single way. But that wasn't enough.

Was I in love with him? Not yet. But I was definitely past falling.