011

january 4th, 2024
10:28 pm

AYOLUWA LEANED BACK in the town car she was sharing with her assistant, Amy and her manager, Gloria

She was looking out the window as the car passed through the neighborhood of Soho.

They had just come back from a full day of interviews and photoshoots and now we're on their way to their respective homes.

The two women across from her were saying something but Ayoluwa couldn't focus on it properly.

Her mind was on Joshua.

He had said that he still wanted to be with her but...

"Ayo? Ayo!" Gloria called to her.

Ayoluwa flickered her eyes over to the Cuban woman, "'G'?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to do that interview at The Breakfast Club?"

Ayoluwa made a face at the suggestion, "No. I don't know why they keep asking."

Amy simply shrugged.

The car turned a corner onto the street that held her apartment and Ayoluwa began to squirm just a bit, her stomach flipping from unease.

Ever since the debacle with that other girl, Ayoluwa and Joshua had been walking on eggshells around each other, not speaking, not interacting at all with each other.

Sometimes, it was so quiet in the apartment, that Ayoluwa could've sworn that she heard herself breathe.

"Um, actually," Ayoluwa called to the driver, "Can you drop me at West 27th Street instead? Thank you."

Gloria raised an eyebrow as the car made a u-turn, "The studio? You sure? It's been a long day."

"Yeah. I don't really feel like going home." Ayoluwa forced a smile.

Gloria blinked then glanced at Amy who shrugged.

Ayoluwa leaned her head against the cushy seats and let out a soft breath through her nose.

"You should get some tea or something. Maybe a croissant too," Amy started typing on her phone, presumably looking for the nearest Starbucks but Ayoluwa put her hand up.

"The tea sounds good but," She shook her head, "I haven't been hungry lately. Been kinda nauseous, actually."

"But..." Amy trailed off then sighed, "Okay."