𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐕𝐒. 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒

"If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, stop accepting crap and demand more!"

  SIX MONTHS AGO
  JANUARY 12th, 2007

ERIS TIGHTENED HER GRIP ON HER SPEAR.

The eagle stared at her with red hungry eyes eager for more blood.

She briefly thought about trying to run before she remembered it was impossible with her broken leg and she wouldn't be able to hobble away fast enough.

Sweat poured down her forehead as she sniffed.

Eris knew that eventually a monster would catch her. She wasn't stupid but dammit, she thought she would have more time.

But as she stood there, dirty, tired, hungry and thirst all she felt was like the was going to die.

She didn't know how she was going to get out of this one.

Her eyes widened as the eagle dove down again. She instantly grabbed her spear and pointed it in its direction but she forgot it was the only thing keeping her standing so she ended up falling into the dirt with wide fearful eyes.

The eagle screeched as it dove towards her and Eris held back a scream.

But instead of trying to peck off her face it turned it's attention to her bloody broken
leg.

As much as she tried Eris couldn't hold back a scream of pain as the bird pecked at her leg like it was it's next lunch.

   It felt like it was peeling her skin off with a razor sharp knife over and over again as someone drove a hacksaw over her leg over and over again.

   It felt like someone was trying to amputate her leg without any pain suppressants.

    "N-No!" Eris grunted hot painful tears pouring down her face as she tried to shove the bird off her leg. She sniffed, "Get off!" She yelled trying to peel it off.

   The eagle continued to peck at her leg like it was dessert causing small patches of her brown skin to peel of causing even more bleeding to her already damaged leg.

   It hurt like hell.

   "I said get off!" She screamed gripping her her spear and with all the strength in her tiny body she swung it like a baseball bat.