𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱

The next day, Madelyn woke up alone

The next day, Madelyn woke up alone. The Cullens were out hunting and Bella was still at the Swan's house. The battle was coming closer and tomorrow night, the Swan's sisters were going to sleep up the mountain. The girl shapeshifter thought it might bring them closer if they spent more time together. She knew Bella thought about what she told her, so maybe she would change her behavior towards her older sister.

Madelyn also had a bad feeling about the battle against the newborns' army, but she tried to ignore it. After wasting time in bed, the Swan wolf sat up and immediately, she felt sick. Her head was spinning slightly, but she ignored it and got up. Walking downstairs slowly, she almost fell down, but caught herself on the wall.

"What's happening to me?..." Madelyn mumbled, rubbing her head softly. Finally getting to the kitchen, she plopped down on a chair and gripped her head between her hands. Staying still for a few seconds and breathing deeply, she tried to eat some fruits, but couldn't. She felt slightly nauseous and didn't understand how it was possible as wolves' shapeshifters didn't get sick. Madelyn shook her head to keep the worrying thoughts away. She had to focus on the battle and on Bella for now and she would worry about her health later. The Swan wolf walked outside and shifted, not without difficulty. Getting to La Push, she met Jared's wolf form.

"Maddy? Maybe you should take a break?" Jared was worried about his little sister as he listened to her thoughts through their link. Wolves didn't get sick and the fact that she didn't feel like eating anything was alarming too. The dark brown wolf rubbed his head against Madelyn's side, whining.

"Don't worry about me, I am fine. We should patrol now," The wolf girl was already far away from him when Jared thought.

"I understand you want to keep everyone safe, but you have to think about yourself too!" Jared scolded his sister, which she ignored. She had to do this. She had to keep Bella safe, at least for her father. She couldn't let him down. And she wouldn't forgive herself if anyone got hurt.

After her patrol, Madelyn didn't feel better than before. The entire pack was worried as they watched their sister eating only a few bites of Emily's meal. The Swan girl was coming back from the reservation when she noticed Alice and Rosalie leaving the Swan's house, with Charlie in tow and Bella grumbling in the background.

"You are welcomed here anytime girls. Hi, Mads," Charlie smiled at his oldest. Madelyn smiled back and waved at him while he walked back into the house with Bella.

"Bella's alibi and yours for the battle are all arranged," Alice chirped, smiling brightly.

"Really?" Madelyn chuckled, but it sounded fake to Rosalie. The blonde beauty was eyeing her best friend, analyzing her nervous form, as if she was trying to hide something from them.

"I told your father that our whole family's going camping this weekend. So, we are going to have a sleep-over at our house and Bella is coming too. But actually, you and Nate are going to be alone tonight. I'll keep Bella away from our house and the rest are going to hunt to be ready for the battle."