𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢 | the cliché

══════════════════

══════════════════

𝟎𝟖 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞 ── ««

Did you really memorize all that? For me?

══════════════════

HIS CAR SEEMED TO GET a little colder as he buckled in his seatbelt. The silence made him feel out of place, annoying him from the inside out. Theo checked his mirrors and saw his reflection staring back at him with a soft expression, haunting his thoughts with the sight of tenseness. Multiple questions surrounded his state of mind, constantly creating pathways of uncertainty to hover in his facial expressions as he glanced behind him―to see the backseat―numerous times.

The humid summer air failed to provide warmth to skin, and instead gave him shivers. His hazel stared at the luminosity of the starry night as he sat in the parking lot of Demi's apartment building. Theo's fingertips brushed against the roughness of his black jeans that sheathed his thighs, his soft hands finding the lap of his legs in nervousness, and it made him seem perturbed.

Theo was naturally a nervous person. The brunet had a hard time looking people directly in the eyes unless you were someone who was close to him. And he'd feel drops of sweat appear when his crush came around him. But he was a sweetheart that smiled at anything that came into his sight, and that loved affection that came in the forms of touching when it came from his favorite people. And according to the girls who always flirted with him, it was adorable to them.

Whilst being a tricky person, he had numerous encounters where it caused him to chastise himself in his mind. Yes, he had the looks and the money, but the confidence was something that you'd think would come naturally. With his background, most of his family―his brother especially―never had it bad with the girls. His family were people who didn't have bad genes, and all his family were attractive. But he was the odd one out when he didn't have the confidence in himself, and it was the moment where he believed that he would forever be alone.

However, a girl who was the total opposite of him showed up in his life, helping him experience the meaning of fun. She helped him learn that the future is important, but living in the present was an encounter that could never compare. To spend every millisecond like it was your last, but spend it without having a smile to disappear from your face.

And that was the moment that he realized, there really was somebody out there for him.

Theo's hazel eyes narrowed at the dark figure that walked towards his car. His hand unbuckled the tight seatbelt and pressed the button on his side of the driver's door, the window rolling down so he could communicate with the figure, "Do you have all her stuff?"