𝐢𝐱 | the fall of satoria king

══════════════════

══════════════════

𝟎𝟗 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 ── ««

I missed this.

══════════════════

THE FALL OF SATORIA KING happened in exactly three stages. For it occurred too fast for her to even stop and think about what transpired. But in the end, she ended up being broken–hearted.

She had just gotten out of her first class. The coffee shop across the street seemed like a good decision to go to since she woke up early that morning, and she still had other classes to go to. So she sent a quick text to her roommate asking if she'd want anything and walked through the glass doors.

The coffee shop had a beautiful interior. With glossy countertops and a few tables around the building, the sweet aroma of the brewing caffeinated drink overwhelmed her senses. The light blue sweater she had on felt a little too warm when she noticed the warmth in structure. It's been a while since she's had a little break. Starting college was harder than she thought, and she always seemed to be up after hours for some sort of assignment. Furthermore, she was miles away from the love of her life who pursued an education at Yale University. And she was so happy for him, but it still sucked being away from him.

Sometimes Tori thought he was too good for her. He had a rich family and he was very attractive, but the way he treated her was like she was the one with all those attributes. She knew she was attractive―the men in school never failed to make her realize that―but Theo treated her like she was some sort of queen. Always trying to make her smile, asking if she's eaten a million times a day, buying her clothes and things for her dorm room―he was amazing.

But she was insecure.

Along with the happiness came self–consciousness and insecurities. He had so many better choices and whenever she made that point known to him he'd shake it off while giving her a glare. The last time she did that, he peppered her face with a bunch of mini kisses while muttering she was beautiful. Theo never disclosed his love for her, and she appreciated him a little too much for it.

Satoria sat at a table that was at the far end of the shop, wanting to have a little peace for a moment. She placed her bag on the empty seat next to her and brought out her phone to text some of her friends. She received a message from her roommate saying to get a chocolate chip muffin for her, and Tori went into the line to order.

She got in line as the last person finished ordering. Tori's lips lifted into a smile to greet the cashier but the woman in front of her seemed to have had something to say.