𝐱 | the racing heart

══════════════════

══════════════════

𝟏𝟎 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 ── ««

❝We need to talk.

══════════════════

"AND THEN HE TRIED to slap me with the beef jerky, and I was like 'dude? do you know who I am?' Seriously little man, you need to come visit again and I can't deal with this shit alone anymore. Mom and dad have no singular care of what happens unless it's for the company―but until I accidentally get into a fight with this fucking asshole at this stupid club I'm suddenly the horrible child―"

He wasn't listening.

His ears were buzzing from the conversation with his brother. And although Theo didn't interject into his little rant, it still didn't help the fact that he had other things to do.

It's been a week since he's last seen her ethereal face and for the past few days he's been spending it in front of his mirror trying to prepare himself for this day. The conversations with Demi opened his eyes, but looking into her beautiful eyes gave him the courage to do what he wanted for their future together.

He wanted to get his baby back.

Theo had come to the conclusion that accepting his feelings could remove all the stress in his life. He wanted her to be his again―no he needed it. He wanted to hold her in his arms and caress his lips with hers for them to lay in each other's comfort all day. And Theo missed the love–making they dwelled in to make their hearts brush against their chests, and he'd do anything, just anything for it to happen again.

Seeing her in that salon was a sign. It was a sign that they were meant to be. He hated himself for breaking up with her, and he knew it was one of the biggest mistakes of his life. The fear that took over his state of mind got the best of him, and he automatically jumped to random conclusions that they'd never last. That their promises could be easily broken, but that was what made him lose the best thing in his twenty-four years of living.

Theo felt guilty as he stared at the past pictures of them that he never deleted. As his brother ranted in the background, his hazel eyes focused on the sight of their happiness. He didn't truly realize how happy she was with him. She looked bright and full of life as they stared at each other in the picture. Their arms surrounded their frames and he could remember multiple people 'awwing' at them since they looked too in love. And he missed it.

Their breakup, Mya, and the heartbreak were all stops along the way. They were truly meant to be forever.

"―Theo!"

Andddddd, there was reality again.

Caleb Porter was Theo's older brother, and they were polar opposites. Caleb loved talking with confidence and superiority. He never failed to make sure that everyone knew who he was. And since he was the firstborn of Charlie and Elizabeth Porter, he got a lot of recognition from their high status. Theo never really told anybody about his other sibling. It's not like he was embarrassed of him, because he wasn't. It never came up in conversation, and Caleb was a wild one for sure.