𝐱𝐢 | the game of uno

══════════════════

══════════════════

𝟏𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐧𝐨 ── ««

Uno out.

══════════════════

SHE STARED AT herself in the mirror with a smile.

So far, the day hasn't been that bad. Her agent had revealed different options of open buildings for her new salon, and she's been excited ever since. Throughout the years she'd been saving for her own salon. Satoria finally reached her goal to pay for the building and the furniture, and she wanted to get started right away. Her hand encircled her phone in her right hand, holding a frame of her father in the other.

She was going to make him proud.

Not only that, she had Theo to think about. It's been three days and she still wanted to think about her final decision. It took her a whole marathon of 'The Walking Dead' and three pints of ice cream later to finally start thinking, but her mind couldn't stop rationalizing about the different outcomes. What if the situation that happened in the past happens again? She didn't want to go through that heartbreak again. She simply couldn't.

"Tori! Let's talk!" Sam yelled as she appeared in her room.

Satoria rolled her eyes and dropped the frame of her father. Her eyes went to the figure who again―wore her robe, "Why the hell are you wearing my robe again? Don't you have your own clothes?"

"Let me tell you something, Tori. I don't care."

Tori chuckled and sat on top of her bed, "Why'd you wanna talk? Is this about the salon?"

Sam revealed something that she's been hiding behind her back. A mischievous grin came onto her lips as she gestured to the stack of cards, "How about a game of Uno?"

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

Satoria wasn't smiling anymore.

It's not like it was anything serious, but Tori was naturally a little competitive. She liked playing games, but she loved winning. And bitterness could slip in when she didn't get the win.

But this simply wasn't fair.

She should've known to not let Sam shuffle the cards that round. Sam had to have done something. There's no possible way that she's getting beaten in Uno. Out of all games―Uno?

Sam began to talk when she sensed the quiet anger of Tori, "I need to tell you something."

Satoria put down one of her cards and nodded her head, "Shoot."