10

Atreus' POV

"Good morning sir." My assistant said to me as I walked into the office Monday morning.

"Good morning, Mr. Francis. How was your weekend?" I asked him.

"It was fine, thank you sir." His professionalism was always commendable and very entertaining.

"What is the schedule for today?"

"Well sir you got a letter in the mail this morning. You have 3 meeting today one at 10, another at 1 and the last one 3." His eyes skimmed the note pad in his hand as he fell into step beside me.

"Do you know who it was from?"

"Alexander Vance."

"Is that it?"

"For now, sir."

"Thank you, Mr. Francis, please enjoy your day." I smiled at him as he nodded.

"I will sir, thank you." With that he turned, going back the way we came.

The large manila envelope on my desk caught my eye as I walked to my desk. What does he want now?

‘This is not a lawyer letter but more of a warning.’

Under that was a picture of my sister getting out her car in front of our house, hands bloody as she stuck her gun in the hem of her pants.

This is only a touch of what I have for you Castro.

When I find the time is right, I'll be releasing every single on I have of your family doing very illegal things.

Yours respectfully,
Vance.

What the actual fuck?

Getting up from my chair with a start I rushed to my father's office. Hopefully mom was still here because this wasn’t good at all.

Pushing open his door without knocking, I walked straight to his desk, pressing the button to fog the glass. Throwing the envelope on the desk, silently I gestured for them to take it.

"What's this Atreus?" My father asked as my mother opened it.

"Fuck." My mother cursed as my father’s eyes widened when he leaned over to look at it.

"That fucking man child." I totally agreed with my mother’s words.

“This is our house; how did he even get this?” There was no way he could get onto our land without the motion sensors going off and no fucking drone could even get within the vicinity of the house without us being aware.

“Whatever he used it had to be some very high tech.” I’ve heard of this in one of Vera’s mafia meetings but that kind of tech was very expensive, almost untouchable.

"What is he doing with high tech Atreus? He’s a fucking lawyer!" My mother said loudly, throwing the envelope on the table angrily.

"I'll get the IT department to hack him, we need to get rid of any soft copies." My mother said seriously.

"What if he has printed ones?" Dad asked looking at her like she was mad.