Chapter fifteen - Search

Dream and Sapnap had been following the river on horseback for almost a whole hour and Dream was close to his breaking point. How could he of let Karl take George away from him? Right before George left he gave Dream pleading eyes asking him to do something, to save him. But what did Dream do? nothing. and now George was missing and possibly died.

Sapnap had tried to keep up a friendly conversation to get Dream's mind off of George. But at one point Dream just shut down and stopped replying. "Dream, don't worry I'm sure he's ok. Maybe Karl and Bad already found him." Sapnap smiled.

"I hope so... Sapnap, what am I going to do without him?"

"Hey, don't think like that. I'm sure everything will be fine."

"But how can you say that? In reality, he could... he could already be dead." Dream stared at the fast-flowing river. "Why wasn't I there for him? This is the third time I've left him and something bad happened. When I'm I going to learn?"

"Dream! Stop beating yourself up over this! Have a little faith in the prince! Do you really think he'd let a river kill him?!"

"Yes..?"

Sapnap started laughing, "W-what the hell is wrong you!? Why would you say that!? Stop thinking the Prince is someone how has never gone outside before, I'm sure he has been on lots of adventures and training missions."

Dream looked away, "Well, I'm not so sure about that..."

"Do you know something I don't?" Sapnap hated being left out of the loop and once he learned you were hiding something from him he would annoy the hell out of you until you told him. "Spill it." He said in a demanding tone.

"I don't want to spread slander... But the king is a massive dick to his son! He's kept the prince locked up in his room for his whole life and has ordered everyone in the castle to stay away from him and never speak to him! The prince has never been outside the castle before. And the one time he did escape, his father brought him back and slapped him, then went on to threaten him saying he would break his legs if he ever tried it again! Not to mention he starves the prince as a punishment! So no, I'm not sure if Prince George can survive the forest! He probably doesn't know how to swim." Dream was pissed and angry at the whole world for putting George through this.

"Okay... wow. That was a lot more than I thought it would be. You okay there bro?"

"No, I'm not okay! And I won't be okay until the prince is back in my arms! So let's hurry up and find him!" Dream started galloping through the forest.

"Right." Sapnap quickly followed suit.

----------------------------

Wilbur piggybacked George the whole way back to his cabin. Wilbur lived in a little red and white mushroom cottage. Once they were inside George noticed just how tiny it actually was. It was all one room with a bed, a chest, a little table, and a fireplace.

"It's not much, but it's home." Wilbur put George on the bed and walked over to a chest looking for the first aid kit.

"Where's your bathroom?" George couldn't understand how one could live in such a small place.

"I have an outhouse. And If I need to bathe I walk down to the river." Wilbur found the first aid kit and walked back over to the bed taking a seat right next to George. "Here, give me your left arm, You have a pretty deep cut on your shoulder."

George did as Wilbur said and leaned a little closer so Wilbur could reach his shoulder. Well, Wilbur was bandaged George all up, they talked about little things, like what their favorite foods were or what's their favorite color. "I'm colorblind so the only colors I can see are blue and yellow, and out of ALL those options, I like blue the most."

"Really? That's so interesting. Does the colorblind thing have to do with you're two different eye colors?"

"No, those two things aren't related, surprising." George gave off a little giggle.

"Aww, your laugh is so cute."

George blushed, "Um, thanks. Can you maybe start a fire in the fireplace? I'm a little cold."

"Oh, right, of course, I can also give you some of my clothes to wear." Wilbur got up and walked back over to the chest and pulled out a white t-shirt and some gray trousers. He threw them over to George. "You can change into those well I go outside and gather some wood."

"Okay, thank you once again." George smiled and waved goodbye to Wilbur.

Wilbur couldn't help but smile back at the pretty boy before turning around and leaving the little cottage.

George slowly changed into the clothes Wilbur gave him, he was still in pain. Wilbur's shirt was a lot bigger on George's petite body, but he didn't mind too much, it was kind of cozy.

Wilbur came back inside with a few logs in his arms and started the fire. the fire was bright and lit up the whole room. It was now pitch black outside. George then realized that there was only one bed.

"Wilbur, where am I going to sleep?"

"In my bed, I hope you don't mind sharing, I don't have enough floor space for me to lie down on. So we'll just have to make do." Wilbur rubbed the back of his head.

"I guess we can share... just don't get too close." George shuffled over to the far side of the bed.

"Don't worry, I'll keep my hands to myself." Wilbur chuckled. "I don't want your fiance to get mad at me." Wilbur sat down on the bed and lied down facing away from George. George did the same and looked out the window at the dark forest.

Please don't worry too much about me, Dream...

------------------------

Dream was worried out of his mind. George had been missing for five hours. it was now midnight and they all met back up at the dock.

"Still no sign of the Prince?" Bad asked.

"Nothing." Sapnap replyed.

"We should try again in the morning. It's too hard to look for him in the dark." Karl added.

"Oh, I'm sorry it's TOO HARD FOR YOU KING, was it also too hard for you to protect him in the first place?" Dream snapped.

"Could you shut up! I already feel bad about it, no need to rub it in my face!" Karl was tired and stressed he didn't have time for Dream's bullshit.

"You should feel bad about it! Because of you, the prince might be dead!"

"Well, are you not his Knight?! Why did you let me take him away from you?! You should have at least said something about it!"

"Guy's stop fighting! This isn't helping anyone. Especially not George." Bad stated. "We need to come up with a plan. What do we do now?"

Dream took a deep breath, " Okay, here's what we're going to do, We need people on the night shift and some people on day duty. Sapnap and I will take the first night duty. Bad, you and King Karl can go back to the temple and get some sleep. Capeesh?"

"Okay, we'll be back in the morning, good luck guys!" Bad waved as he and Karl left.

"So back to searching I guess?" Sapnap asked.

Dream nodded his head and they both walked down the river once more.