Chapter 5.5 (Part 3)

Almost as if there was a chance he could see through her door, Jane waited until the sound of Tyler's car engine had faded completely before she dropped limply onto the couch and pressed a hand over her heart. It was still racing—a fact she had made a massive effort to disguise from Tyler.

   That buttoned-down, clean-cut, quiet-spoken lawyer certainly could kiss—even better that he had when they were teenagers.

   He hadn't said anything about seeing her again. She understood it must be difficult for him to spend time away from the children—something she'd never had to deal with before, since she'd never dated a single father. As a matter of fact, she'd always made it a rule not to get involved in men who had children. She'd never wanted that extra complication in her previous relationships. Her fee romances has been complicated enough without having to worry about the tender sensibilities of innocent children.

   For Tyler, though, she was inclined to bend her rules.

   Besides, she liked Tyler's kids. Amy was adorable and Tom—well, she had a serious soft spot for little Tom.

   Maybe dating a guy with kids wouldn't be so bad, after all. Especially when that guy is Tyler Hamilton—a man she had been fantasizing about for almost as long as she could remember.