Chapter 57: The Legendary Hero

Link had finally gone through the Gate of Time at the Temple of Time, and he had entered the Dark World, once known as the Golden Land or the Sacred Realm before it was corrupted.

Link woke up on dark grass to a parallel version of Hyrule that was clearly dark and corrupted, all though the Light World wasn't too Light due to the Malice shrouding it.

Link looked around at his surroundings, and observed that in this parallel world, a giant Pyramid was in the center instead of Hyrule Castle. Also, Death Mountain had been replaced with a Dark Mountain of Evil.

Three kinds of monsters surrounded Link - Moblins, Hinoxes, and a monster species unique to the Dark World known as Taros.

A Taros attacked Link with a large pitchfork, and Link was slightly injured. 

He ate some apples to recover from the injury, and fired a laser out of the Master Sword to destroy the Taros.

A group of Twin Hinoxes rumbled toward Link, and began tossing explosives and bombs toward Link.

Link rolled off the hill he was on just in time to avoid being blasted to smithereens.

Unfortunately, the Moblins near the explosion were not so lucky.

A dark figure behind Link began laughing

Who is this....

Link turned around to see himself, or rather, a dark version of himself. A Dark Link.

"I have something for you" Dark Link said "I am  a trial. Stab my left eye with your holy sword, and I shall tell you how to get inside the Pyramid"

"Sounds fair" Link agreed

As Link charged forward with the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, Dark Link charged forward with a Dark Master Sword and a Dark Hylian Shield.

The two warriors clashed, and the fight was difficult as Dark Link copied nearly all of Link's movements.

For some reason, Link had not been able to reach out to the Hero's Spirit since he entered the Dark World.

I have determination.... I am determined to save everyone back in Hyrule from being destroyed by the Calamity along with the rest of the world.

Link concentrated and focused really hard on Dark Link's left eye as their swords clashed.

When Link made a sudden and unexpected movement, Dark Link stumbled away in confusion for a split second, and Link took the opportunity to stab his Master Sword straight through Dark Link's left eye.

Dark Link put his weapons away, and stood before Link with only one glowing-red eye, the other eye now replaced with an empty eyesocket.

"So" Link said "How do I get inside the Pyramid of Power?"

"It is simple" Dark Link said "A Shopkeeper in a hut nearby keeps superpowered Giant Bombs. They can blast through the thick wall of the sealed Pyramid"

After Dark Link was finished giving the advice and Link nodded his head to show he understood, Dark Link disintegrated and blew away with the wind.

Link put his weapons away, and walked towards what looked like a House in the distance.

Eventually, Link came up to the house, and after destroying a bothersome Taros he barged into the Shop.

"Hello there" a strange Elephant-Like monster said at the counter, and he had Giant Bombs behind him.

"Are you- a monster shopkeeper?" Link asked

"Name's Fred" Fred said "When I was drawn into the Dark World before it was sealed many millenia ago, I was transformed into a monster due to my greed"

"Oh, well that sucks" Link said

"What brings you to the shop?" the shopkeeper asked 

"Well" Link said "I'm looking for Giant Bombs, and that appears to be the only thing you are selling here"

"Costs 1,000 rupees" Fred said 

"That's the last of my rupees" Link said "This might as well be the last thing I buy before my final battle against evil"

"Ah" Fred said, taking the rupees and handing a Giant Bomb to Link "Must be the prophecized Legendary Hero coming to fulfill his destiny"

"Yup" Link replied "That's me"

"Well" Fred said "They say that after the Legendary Hero leaves the Dark World, the Sacred Golden Land will finally stop existing"

"Oh" Link said "Sorry"

"I'm not mad" Fred said "I've been living here as a monster for far too long. I am looking forward to dying and ascending to the Heavens with Hylia and the Golden Goddesses, and the rest of the dead"

"If you go to heaven" Link said "Say hi to my Uncle"

"What's your Uncle's name?" Fred asked, but Link was already out of the shop.

Link walked across the dark fields, and came to the sealed entrance of the Pyramid of Power, and placed down a Giant Bomb.

He lit it with Flint and Wood that made fire to light the Bomb. The Bomb went off with a Giant Explosion, and there was now a large hole that Link used to get inside of the Pyramid of Power.

Inside was a Golden Chamber decorated with Statues of Hylia, Nayru, Din, and Farore.

In the center of the room, was a Pond of pure liquid gold.

"A Pond of Gold" Link observed "Interesting"

Link got out his arrows and dipped them into the gold pond, and they were transformed into Silver Arrows.

"I don't think I'll need these even" Link said, tossing away his Royal Guard's Bow and Silver Arrows "But now I know what the power of this Gold Pond can do"

Link got out his Hylian Shield, and when he dipped the ancient treasure into the Gold Pond, it became a Golden Shield.

Link put the Golden Shield away, and prepared to dip the Master Sword into the pond.

He was about to awaken the true power of the Master Sword, something no hero had ever done before.

He was about to fulfill the Final Prophecy, and become the Legendary Hero destined to save Hyrule from evil forever.

Link dipped the Master Sword into the pond, and all of the Dark World began glowing until it was transformed from a Dark World to its original state, the Sacred Realm, original home of the Triforce before it was split into three.

The Master Sword then transformed into the Golden Sword, the true form of the Master Sword, and Link saw the gods smiling down at him for a second.

The Hero's Spirit then whispered to Link "I am proud of you, Link"

Link was suddenly transported out of the Sacred Realm, and he saw the Sacred Realm come to an end as he ascended from it.

He thought of Fred, and how he and any of people trapped in the Sacred Realm were now free.

But now the Sacred Realm was the past, and the present and future were Hyrule, a realm that desperately needed saving.

Link woke up standing before Hyrule Castle, which was shrouded in malice.

The Battle of Hyrule Field had apparently ended, as Zelda and the Sages and the others were nowhere to be seen.

It's time to take on Calamity Ganon.