Nine

Lucy stared outside the car window boredly. Gojo barged into her room at dawn to wake the female up. Didn't say much but just told her to get ready because they'll be ready soon. She wasn't sure why Gojo wanted her up. At first, she thought it was another mission, but the next thing she knew she was sitting inside the car with Gojo next to her heading toward an unknown destination.

"The others?" she asked once the car moved. She expected Nobara, Megumi, and Itadori to come with them.

Gojo grinned at her. "Nope just us two."

"And that's a  good idea? I can't really do my job and bodyguard if I'm away from your students."

"They'll be fine. This is our own little mission." Gojo brought his hands up and laid them behind his head. He leaned back, a smile still sporting on his face. "I've tracked down someone who might know a thing or two about other dimensions. Says he's a real expert on these kinds of things. He might know a way to get you back home." He tilted his head to the side and his cocky grin widened. "You can thank me now."

Lucy mentally rolled her eyes. Seems too good to be true and too easy.

Gojo frowned when Lucy looked back at the window. "I'll take that as a no." He scoots closer to her and placed his hand on her knee. "Hey, I thought we talked about trusting one another."

"We did no such thing," the girl replied. "You just proved that you're not manipulating me. Trust is something that's earned not given. One night isn't going to cut it." She gave him one of her deadly glares. "Now, get your hand off my knee."

Gojo took his hand off. "Someone's a little grumpy in the morning." He gasped as he slammed his fist on his hand as he got an idea. "I know. That's because you haven't gotten something to eat. You must be hungry after a workout like that last night." Lucy sighed as she started unbuckling her seat belt. Gojo watched with raised brows. "What are you -"

Lucy opened the car door and jumped out. The driver shouted as he started to swerve, "IS SHE CRAZY?! WHAT KIND OF LUNATIC JUMPS OUT OF A MOVING CAR?!"

Gojo looked back when Lucy used her ODM gear to land safely on the streets behind them. "She sure is something," Gojo muttered. "Stop the car." The driver did as he was told. Gojo got out. "Go on ahead. We don't need the ride anymore."

Gojo ignored the driver shouting at him as he ran toward Lucy. 

"That was some party trick," he laughed as he caught up with her. "But why'd you do it?"

"You were annoying me," Lucy stated. "I rather walk than be in the car with you."

"You don't know where you're going."

"I don't care. If I knew what I was agreeing to then I would have let the Titan kill me."

"Except you put your trust in me." Lucy ignored him. "If you really wanted to leave then you would have left in the morning before I got you. With that being said, you're a woman of your word. Let me tell you, you can't find that nowadays."

Gojo and Lucy moved out of the way as a few cars drove by them. They ignored their honks and shouts for them to get off the road. Silence fell between them.

I wonder what the others are doing back home? Lucy thought.

Lucy noticed something blue from the corner of her eye. She stopped and turned her head to see this huge body of water. Her eyes were mesmerized by the sea that was in her view. Lucy has never seen anything so beautiful. She read stories about it but thought it was just that...a story. There was nothing beyond the wall.

Unknowest to her, Gojo stopped just when she did. He couldn't take his eyes off her. The light was hitting her face just fight. Her hair and cloak flew softly in the wind. The Jujutsu Sorcerer took his phone out and quickly snapped a photo of the girl.