Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Special Mission: Rescue

{ System Notification }

{ Special Mission Issued }

{ Task Automatically Accepted }

{ System notifies that the Special Missions are Special. The host isn't allowed to reject Special Missions. Please look at the task and fulfill the special mission. }

Asner know that something is wrong the moment that a special mission appeared and was issued by the system. It was his first time encountering them since the moment that the system arrived. He got used to the normal missions that were provided by the system. He thought that he would just need to do that meaningless task and he could continue to live normally. But it seems he can't. The moment that the special mission came and learned some of the things regarding it, Asner was filled with uneasiness. Can't reject? What is he? Would he remain a puppet for this system? Would the system determine the choice of his life? Asner was filled with bitterness. Gritting his teeth, he decided to look at the special mission that was issued by the system. Yet the moment that he read the 1st ever special mission, he felt angry and horrified at the same time.

[ Task Type: Special Mission

Mission Type: Rescue Mission

Mister Ansell Graves arrived in the Manor of his parents-in-law in London to receive a gift from his son. He never expected that he would end up becoming a hostage of a mysterious secret organization.

Save Mister Ansell Graves from the hands of the secret organization and ensure his survival.

Task Condition: The safety of Mister Ansell Graves from the secret organization.

Task Duration: Less than an hour

Note The more time that passed and the more time that Mister and Madam Gardner refuse to cooperate, the members of the secret organization would become more impatient. Humans' behavior is unpredictable. Who knows what would happen within an hour?

Task Reward: ????        ]

Asner paled as he finished reading the mission.

{ Please, tell me that this is just a joke. }

{ Host, the system is merely stating the facts. The system can't lie. What was stated on the Mission was currently happening? Failure of the task meant failing to save Mister Ansell Graves. The host should start thinking about how he should start saving one of the important subjects of the Mission.}

After he heard those monotone voices, Asner immediately shut his mouth. He knows that the system isn't joking. His father's life was in danger. He started thinking of things that could solve his problem. From their city and towards London, it would take around 20 to 30 minutes to get there. But he wouldn't know where the bloody place is that manor is located in London. This is forcing him to depend on the system. He wouldn't be able to solve it normally. He was just a kid. He wasn't in an adult form. And he wouldn't also be able to solve it for a long time. His father's life is in danger.

{ System can I know how many points did I amassed? }

{ Informing host, you have a total of 12050 points. }

{ That was quite a lot of points. So what I can do with that amount of points? }

{ Host can buy items and abilities. }

{ Sometimes, I have completed missions that didn't award points. Where are those rewards now? Can I look at the list of those items? }

{ Access Granted into the Host Storage Space }

{ Thanks }

[ Storage Space:

• Trial Card Mission (In Use)
• Beginner Giftpack ×1
• One way Portal × 1
• Tekuichi 's Miso Ramen ×5
• Valentine's Chocolate ×10
• Invisibility Cloak
• Special Sleeping Gas Grenade × 10
• Healing Pill (small efficacy) ×7
• Soundless (Ability- Level 1 Mastery )
• Background Box × 8
• Moonwalk Boots ×1
• Appraisal (Ability-Level 1 Mastery )
• Cat Food × 40
• Dog Food ×50
• Book of Unlimited Pages      ]

After looking at them, Asner then decided to ask the system.

{ System is there any item or ability in your shop function that has a tracking function? }

{some many items and abilities have that function. }

{ I see. Then let me see them. }

Later, a plan formed on Asner's mind. He decided to buy an item from the shop since it was cheaper than the abilities that were on there. He was also shocked that there were so many amazing and impossible things that were available in the shop. But he has no time for those things right now. He would save his father.

Wearing a grim expression on his face, he said.

{ System applies the soundless and appraisal ability to me now. }

{ Ability application initiated. }

Asner grabbed his head as a painful feeling overcame his head. But it was gone after a few minutes. In his head, there was new information. It was about the information about those abilities and their basic applications.

{ Ability Application Successful. }

Asner sighed in relief when he saw it. Then he closes his eyes. He was in his room standing still like a log. It was like that he stopped breathing. But he was just using the ability that he gained from the shop. It was a tracking ability. A moment later, he clutched his head and opened his eyes.

{ System I would also like to take that Invisible Cloak, Sleeping Gas, and Activate the Portal in that location that I have on my mind. }

{ As you order, host. }

{ Also, I also need the mask }

Donning the cloak on his body, a mask on his face, his abilities are already activated, and holding a special sleeping gas grenade in his hand, a portal opened on his bedroom and towards another location.

He entered on them and the portal disappeared after a few moments that Asner entered them. Asner found himself in what appeared to be a garden. A very beautiful garden beside a mansion.

Sighing, Asner knows that this mission means that there is no going back. He can't continue to do easy missions anymore. He was certain that in the future it would get harder and harder from then on.