Chapter 2

Disclaimer - This section may contain topics which may be triggering some of the readers like sexual assault so viewer discretion is advised.

On the bed lay a girl whose muffled cries were obstructed with a cloth in her mouth, her clothes ripped apart and she had the most horrific expression her face with tears streaming down her face and a man stood above her with the zipper of his pants open, thrusting in and out and blood leaked out of her where his private part hit her. With a shock, I realized that the man standing there was my 'father'. I ran back fast to my room and locked the door.

My so-called room was the size of a cupboard with a single bed and an almirah standing close to the door and the walls were painted an ugly olive color.

That man isn't a person, he's a fucking monster. My so-called 'father' raped someone. I was filled with disgust and an overwhelming sense to rid my brain of what I saw. It hurt even calling him my 'father'. I saw water droplets dropping on the palm of my hand and I realized that I was crying. I don't know for how long I sat there on the floor crying thinking about what I had just seen. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the same horrific sight again and again and the girl's cries repeated in my ears until I couldn't handle it anymore and ran out of that house.

It was almost night but I couldn't give two shits about that. I stopped running when I finally reached a park, I entered it and sat down on a bench and the thoughts hit me again and again. That monster raped an innocent girl. He raped her without her consent. She was lying there helpless and what did I do? I got scared and ran out. That made me a fucking terrible person as well.

My eyes had dried up as one can only cry for so long. I knew my eyes were probably bloodshot red from crying. I had no idea what to do next. As I looked up, I saw someone heading straight towards me. When I looked closely, I recognized him as the guy I met at school today. What was his name again? Caleb! yea Caleb. It seemed as if the school day was weeks ago but it was only in the morning. I could see his figure getting closer. Oh shit, did he recognize me?

I pulled my hood up and bent down even more low on the bench and praying to all the freaking gods to ever exist to not let him see me. I almost squealed happily when he went past my bench and hugged a man who looked in his mid-forties, wearing an expensive suit and that man was almost equally as gorgeous as Caleb if not more. That man seemed familiar though I didn't know why. God those genes! Maybe his father? What did I know and why did I even care! Mph.

I don't know how long I sat on the bench but all I knew was that I didn't want to go back to that place again. The horrific sight was still present in my mind as fresh as ever and I could hear her cries in my ears. I must have fallen asleep on the bench because when I woke up I saw the sun rays hitting my face and I closed my eyes again trying to remember where I was and it quickly all came back to me. The blood on the couch. The girl's cries. Running out of the house. Seeing Caleb. Passing out on the bench in the park. I looked down and realized that all my clothes were crumpled.

I was wondering what time it was and what my next move would be. I sadly realized that I would have to go back to 'that place', which was the monster's house as well, seeing as I had no other place to go to. I would never be calling it my home or house again. It wasn't ever much of a home anyways. Well, I could go to Blair's but I wasn't sure if I wanted to disturb her and her father with my problems and Blair was probably at school by now as I was sure that it was almost 12 at noon.

I started the walk towards the house and when I finally opened it, all of yesterday hit me again and I passed out near the entry of the house inside. I was finally woken up by someone shaking my head.

It was my fucking 'mother' who was never much of a mother to me. I didn't how that was possible as she was always either high and overdosed or laying in a corner after that man forcefully misused her and beat her up in his drunken rage. "There was a shooting at your school today. One student from your class died. You should have gone to school whore. At least we would be rid of you and the burden of feeding a little ungrateful brat like you", she said.

I pushed her hand from my shoulder and got up. I went to my room and thought about who could have been shot and what a strange coincidence it was that the only day I didn't go to school and that day we had a school shooting. I wondered if I should tell Blair about what I saw yesterday. I knew I could trust her but I didn't want to burden her with my problems.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. What if Blair was shot today- oh my god. I ran to the school building and saw a lot of police cars and ambulances surrounding it. I finally saw something which completely shattered my world-what little was left of it.