9.How Pathetic...

Camille's POV

As I walked into the library, I saw that there was a very comfy place arranged for people to sit. So I quickly found myself a book and plopped on the sofa. It was so very cozy and pleasant.

Lukewarm breeze flew against the sofa... nature's beauty shown off everywhere...it is indeed beautiful...

"Ah...a book related to the empire's deed...awesome..."

I was slowly dozing off, 'no...I...can't fall...asleep here...'

**************

Callisto's POV

'Ah...there she is...'

Callisto finds Camille sleeping comfortably on the sofa. Her gold-like hair fluttering in the air, and a book in her hand...

Callisto looks at her and sighs and says by clicking his tongue, "tch, how reckless..."

He stares at her for a while. He bows down, and whispers softly near Camille's ears, "...Camille, I'm sorry.

***********

Camille's POV

When I opened my eyes after a nice nap, I felt my body as if it was lifted, my legs like it were floating in the air, my hand grasping a thick cloth. As I looked upwards,

"Gasp"

I saw Callisto carrying me!! His blonde hair fluttering in the air and his red eyes that were calmly looking towards me...I was embarrassed!

"P-put me down, please! Let go of me!"

'How in the world did this happen?!'

I started struggling from his arms. He clicked his tongue and said while coming close to me, "CK! Stop being so fidgety! Or I'll drop you on the floor!"

His words made me freeze in my place.

An awkward silence fell between us.

"Why..." Callisto muttered.

"Pardon?" I asked

"Why don't you spend any money for yourself?"

"Ah..."

'What...? Did he not know this...? Camille never spends money for herself...just like the past me...' I thought with a bitter smile.

"That's because I don't feel like it is a need to spend money on myself..."

"But you are a--"

He tries to say something but shuts his mouth for some reason and continues to stare at me. I try to avoid his gaze.

'ah, finally my palace is here.'

I look back towards Callisto, he understands and puts me down gently.

"...thank you..." I uttered a small appreciation.

He smirked and nodded.

'...What?...Why did he...never mind...'

I turned around and went back into the palace.

***********

The next morning I woke up and I saw shimmering and shinny clothes and shoes piled up in my room.

It's blinding me. I looked at Lucy, she was so excited to see all this coming to my room.

"What is this?"

There was a note on one of the boxes. Lucy notices it and hands it over to me. As I opened the note,

"Don't thank me. Your welcome."