twelve

"There's no way," Sadie laughed at Margarine. 

She had bet ten dollars that she could backflip into the pool and land in a handstand.  We would only be able to see her feet if that was true. 

Margarine failed as she flipped into the pool but came up almost immediately.  We all laughed as she pulled herself out of the pool. She took a seat where she had been earlier, on the other side of Sadie.  

We had been spending more time with Margarine over the past few days, and in the process, avoiding Marcus.  Sadie had occasionally left us to go with that boy, whose name I still did not know.  Other than that, we had all been hanging out, not forgetting to FaceTime Monroe during important events or conversations, so she's pretty much caught up with everything going on.

"Lin, since tomorrow is the last day of the cruise, we should make today count," Sadie smiled at me.

What was she thinking about?

I followed her and Margarine to the lounge room, where we sat at one of the sofas.  The room was pretty empty since there was some event going on.

"Okay, so, back to the whole Marcus thing," Margarine turned her body to face ours.

 I had been thinking about what we were going to do, but I forgot about it for the day. I guess we probably should talk about it.

"He probably already knows we know.  I haven't talked to him since you guys came to my door.  Believe me, he's been trying to talk to me.  Just keep ignoring him.  Give him that look like you know about it, and just wait.  He'll apologize. I mean, as long as he likes you as much as you say he does," Margarine explained. 

I smirked in response. Marcus was definitely going to end up apologizing.  Though, I wasn't sure if I would accept it.  I mean, I still had Press.  

We spent a few minutes scrolling through our phones, bored of each other.

"Oh!  Sadie, you never explained how to make today worthwhile," I said as I turned toward her.

I put my phone beneath my thigh as she spoke.

"I didn't have anything specific planned.  I just thought we should do something fun, you know? How often do we go on cruises?" 

"What if we raid the kitchen and steal all of their chocolate?" I suggested. I had been craving chocolate for some reason.

Sadie looked at me, "Hm, good idea.  I think that still counts as a crime, and there's nowhere to run when we inevitably get caught."

I frowned but I knew she was right. 

"Face it.  There's nothing to do," Margarine frowned and threw her head back.

"Well, one of you could pretend to fall off the ship so they have to send a lifeguard to save you," Sadie proposed as she gave us a wide smile.

"How is that fun?" I chuckled.

"It would cause a scene."

Monroe would have loved her suggestion.  They loved to cause scenes and I had no clue why.

"Pass," Margarine and I said in sync. 

We were back where we started and I had reached for my phone.  Out of boredom and curiosity, I opened Instagram.  I found myself typing out Press' username into the search bar.  I don't know why I found myself so interested in him.  We only made out sometimes, and I had no intention of pursuing a relationship with him.

He hadn't posted anything.  Granted, he didn't seem like the type of person to post anyway.  He did, however, post on his "close friends" story.  He had added me onto it the other day.