74: We're Dead Meat

Third-person P.O.V

The sound of her body crashing against the grass-clad ground is muffled by the obnoxious cheers emitted by the over-hyped-up teens that are witnessing the fight amongst the two mafia-born.

Still oblivious to Astoria's condition the fight prolongs with no definite winner in sight. The metallic smell of fresh oozing blood permeated the air, as streams of scarlet liquid trickle down their faces.

"What the fuck is going on here!" Two identical voices yell, in despair as two bodies immerge from the crowd.

While Lorenzo grabs a hold of Jack's arms, Lucas does the same with Alessandro, and with much difficulty, they manage to break up the fight. Lorenzo and Lucas take a moment to assess the damage done to both, while Jack and Alessandro continue to glare daggers at each other.

"Where's Astoria?" Alessandro questions, his green orbs scanning the crowd frantically yet he finds no signs of her.

"She was standing right there like five fucking seconds ago," Jack remarks, snapping out of his anger fit and joining Alessandro in search for his sister.

Worry infuses with the already present tension in the air with every passing moment they spend in trying to locate their sister who lays limb on the dirty ground amidst the crowd of intoxicated teens.

Alarmed by the situation all four boys push past the crowd frantically searching the crowd for her familiar electric blue eyes. "I'll check inside," Lucas declares, sprinting towards the now trashed mansion.

While the crowd doesn't make their task of finding Astoria any easier by constantly getting in their way, it takes all of Jack's willpower and restrain not to pull out his gun and shoot each and every one of these assholes that get in the way.

Alessandro maneuvers his way through the sweaty bodies until he reaches the spot, he last saw his girl. And right enough he spots her, but not in the condition he expected.

Rushing to her side, he crouches down beside her and placing her limp head in his lap he gently pats her cheek, yet receives no response from the unconscious girl.

Wasting no time, he gathers her in his arms with the utmost care, "found her!" He calls the attention of the other two who snap they head in his direction and rush towards him in less than a heartbeat.

With urgency-fuelled strides, he proceeds towards the mansion without waiting for her brothers—who soon catch up with him. "What happened to her?" Lorenzo questions in worry.

"Don't know, found her unconscious over there," Alessandro replies curtly his eyes refusing to leave her peaceful face.

"Her hands are cold," Jack notices which intensifies their worry urging them to get her inside faster.

"What the hell happened?!" Lucas exclaims just as the three of them enter the mansion with an unconscious Astoria.

"Not sure, just call Seb and tell him to get here quick!" Jack commands as Alessandro and Lorenzo take her upstairs to her room.

"It's locked," Lorenzo remarks twisting the doorknob with more force than necessary.

"Check her pockets," Alessandro suggests.

Nodding at him Lorenzo delves through her front pockets, only to turn out empty-handed. "Check the frontier pocket," Alessandro says, referring to the tiny pocket extra pocket.

"Got it," he announces producing a single silver key from the tiny almost unnoticed pocket.

Unlocking the door, he pushes it open allowing Alessandro to get in with ease. Laying her down gently on her grey sheet-clad matters, he visually inspects her head for any visible signs of trauma, yet finds none.