𝟚𝟠 - 𝔸 𝕋𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕝 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖

Trigger Warning - Blood

"Pete that's my foot."

"Sorry."

James and Peter were hidden beneath an invisibility cloak; James' invisibility cloak. The two had decided they were hungry and deserved a trip to the kitchens. So here they both were, completing their usual ritual of attempting to stay silent and unseen. They always completed this stroll in pure darkness, the only light they ever needed was that coming from a Prefect or Professor's wand to warn them to hide. Otherwise the route was engrained in their mind and they didn't need any support.

They had just entered a heated discussion about what toppings are best on Pancakes when Peter tripped over something; bringing James down with him too.

"What was that?" Peter brushed his knees to rid of the dust.

"I don't know Pete, lumos."

"Be careful James we might get ca-"

"Fi?" James voice changed from confusion to fear. Just beside where the two had fallen was a crumpled figure. "Fi, can you hear me?" James gently prodded the girl in hope for a response, but earned nothing in response. "Pete." Peter stood frozen in a trance at Ophelia. "PETER!"

"Ye-yes."

"You need to run ahead, as fast as you can, to Madam Pomfrey. I'll carry Fi to the hospital wing." James adjusted his glasses before putting an arm steadily beneath Fi's head, only to feel something sticky on his hands. "Shit. Pete, why haven't you gone?"

"S-sorry." Peter scrambled out the words before attempting to move from his spot but seemed glued to looking at Ophelia's frail body.

"PETER GO! THINK OF FI. WHAT WOULD SHE SAY TO YOU."

"That I am my own person and that I can do this."

"Yes! See you can do it."

"I-I can do it!" Peter's mind seemed to click into place, he suddenly turned on his heels and began to jog away from James & Ophelia.

The events of the past few seconds suddenly hit James like a tidal wave; he had so many questions, so many worries and so many concerns it took him a moment to remember what he was doing. A quick shake of his head in an effort to bring him some awareness back seemed to work and with one deep breath he knelt back down to Ophelia. Gently he placed a hand underneath Ophelia's head, once again feeling the blood on his fingers.

"Fi, I don't know if you can hear me but I'm going to pick you up now." James spoke almost in a whisper, fearing that loudness may harm her.

Using his other arm, James pulled Ophelia's knees into a bent position and grasped his arm beneath them. Straightening his back, he used all his strength to pull Ophelia up with him, only to be shocked by how limp she truly was. Thankfully the route to the Hospital Wing wasn't too far, they had to make it down the Grand Staircase and just down one more corridor.