8: You're straight?

"There you are." Saved by his son. "Mom.. You better not be interrogating Grace." He says charmingly. "Of course not, sweetie." He handed me something green. "You have to try this. It's matchamisu. Mom made it." She did? Elvis ran and pounded on Josh. On cue, he knelt and scratched his ears. "I didn't know you bake," I told Elena. "And really good too!" I said after scooping a mouthful of the spongy cake into my mouth and I am in heaven. "Well, how could you? You didn't stay long enough to get to know me." There's a hint of bitterness in her voice. "Grace, you met Elvis yet?" Josh said while still on his knees. "Yes." Was my answer. Anything to change the topic. "Oh really? When?" Busted.

"I introduced her to Elvis," Elena said. No no no. What are you doing? You're not telling him about us, are you?? "Yes. They met awhile ago." Oh, thank God. "Elvis has been a family dog since I was born. He sees and knows everything that's been going on in this family." Josh claimed. Trust me. If the dog can speak, he'll spill me and your mother right about now.

So that explains why I know the front porch. Half an hour later, mingling with guests the house went almost empty. "Thanks again for agreeing to do the flowers, Grace. You're saving my ass here." Frank said once he stepped into his car. "No worries." He and Vivian drove away. Leaving me, Josh, Elena, and lots and lots of awkwardness. I remember waking up today thinking I'm going to get laid with my long-distance not-boyfriend tonight. But having that only to be replaced by meeting with someone I slept with months ago. Who, by the way, happened to be his mother. What did I ever do to you, universe?

"Gimme a minute and I'll drive you home, okay?" Josh kissed me in the cheeks. I nodded.

"So what was it?" Elena came outside and flipped a cigarette. I didn't even know she smokes. "What was what?" I asked. Completely clueless. "Is it because of the 18 years difference? So you decided to date someone close to your age. Like my stepson?" She's still not looking at me. "This isn't about age, Elena." I replied."What is it then?"

"Look. You're a very attractive woman but I'm not-"

"You're telling me you're straight?"

"I am." She turned to look at me. "Are you?" Those big chocolate eyes that would turn dark every time she inserts a finger inside me. Those red bright lips that kissed my most sensitive parts.. "Ready to go?" Josh chimed.

I watched how the two said goodbye to each other. Josh mentioned the whole his mom left him when he was a toddler thing, but we never really talked about his family. Other than business. They seemed pretty casual. The usual hugs and kisses. But looks like it works for both of them. I wonder how close they really are to each other.

"I'm sorry about the party. I had no idea." Josh said once we were on our way back to my place. "Oh. No, it's totally fine."

"Did my mother said something to you?" Said something, did something. Get out of my head! "I'm just.. exhausted."

The rest of the drive was quiet. Thinking about the recent events and my life choices. Could this be a mess? Should I deal with this thing with Elena? I tried not to think about how she reacted when I said I'm straight. I am though.. Right?