~ Chapter - 2 ~

(About the picture - It's Ilaria's childhood picture.) 

- I L A R I A -

"Mom, we all are going to Xavier's football match tomorrow." Xander told Mom. It was dinner time and all of us were eating together because Mom wanted us to eat like a 'normal family'.

"Sure. What time?" Mom asked.

"6 P.M." He answered quickly.

"Can I come too?" I asked hopefully . I sometimes went to Kevin's football matches and they were amazing. Maybe they won't have any problem with me coming too.

"She's asking you something, Xander." Mom said sternly glaring at him when he ignored my question.

"It would be great if she don't come." He said bitterly. I bit my lip a little. Although they do it all the time, it still hurts. What difference would it even make?

"Why? What is the problem if she wants to come too?" Mom snapped.

"The problem is that she's annoying. And I don't want her precious time to get wasted on my unimportant match." Xavier said sarcastically.

"This is not the way to speak to your sister, Xavier! Apologize!" Mom said loudly.

"What the hell Mom? Why should I apologize? I just answered her question." Xavier scoffed.

"And this is how you answer her?" Mom asked unimpressed. Elijah was watching all of this quietly while Xander and Xavier were glaring at me.

"Sorry." Xavier spat .

"It's okay." I said quietly. Mom opened her mouth to say something but closed it unsure of what to say. I quickly finished my food and went back to my room. I didn't wanted to irritate them more and spoil their mood. Even my presence annoys them.

- S E R E N A - 

Ilaria quietly went back to her room after finishing her dinner. I was really mad at my sons. How can they treat their own sister like this? That too when she do everything she can for their happiness. 

"Aren't you even a bit ashamed?" I asked them. They looked at me puzzled. 

"You behave so badly with her. What will go so wrong if she goes to your match too?" I asked annoyed at their behavior. 

"You don't understand Mom. She irritates us with her stupid questions." Xander said. 

"She's your sister for god's sake." I said, a little too loud. 

"Just because she's our sister doesn't mean we have to love or adore her Mom." Xavier said rolling his eyes. 

"Now , you are really just overreacting Mom. It's not that big of a deal." Elijah said. I picked up my plate and put it in the sink. 

"You'll regret your actions once she starts doing the same." I said. I shot one last glare in their direction and went back to my room lost in my thoughts. I should've given more attention to their upbringing. I was too busy in my work and Aria is too sweet to complain about them. Whenever I used to ask her if they are troubling or bothering her, she always used to deny it. 

I decided to check on her and made my way to her room. I quietly and carefully opened the door. She was sleeping peacefully. I went and sat down near her. The dried tear strains were still visible on her cheeks. I slowly ran my fingers through her hair like I used to do when she was a kid. 

- Flashback -

A five year old girl came home happily from school. Her black curly hair were bouncing on her shoulders as she hoped to the kitchen to her mother.

"Mom! Do you know what happened today?" The little girl said, her eyes sparkling with excitement and happiness. 

"What?" Her mom asked amused. 

"You remember you gave me money in the morning for buying my favorite ice-cream?" The girl asked. 

"Yes, did you lost them?" The mother asked. She quickly shook her head in denial. 

"No, no, I didn't." She said. "I gave it to somebody." 

"To whom, honey?" Her mom asked.

"When I was coming back with Kevin and Aunt Diana , we saw a poor boy on the street , he was looking pale and sick, Mom. He didn't even have parents and he was very hungry so I gave my money to him." She told her proudly. "Because you remember you told me- We get what we give." 

Her mother heart swell with pride. She had never expected her little daughter to give so much thought and concern to somebody else's problems. Kids surely do have hearts of angels. Her daughter will certainly grow up as selfless and kind. 

"Have I done the right thing, Mom?" She asked. 

"You did the best thing, honey."  Her mom said, picking her up to sit on the counter. 

"Mom? " The child said again. Her mother hummed in response. 

"I did a good thing so that means good things will happen to me too, right? God is happy with me now?" She asked innocently .  

- Flashback Over - 

Although, 9 years have passed she's still that innocent and kind little girl, she was . The girl who always thought about others before herself, the girl who gives up her own happiness to see someone's smile, the girl who deserves the world.

"Always smile back at little children. To ignore them is to destroy their belief that the world is good."
- Anonymous.

Hi Guys!

How was the chapter?
Any favorite character till now?

Question of the chapter- What is your zodiac?

Lots of love! Be Safe!

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💙