31// Quality Time

Just like I have promised Ishita, after eating dinner we are on our way to get some ice cream

Just like I have promised Ishita, after eating dinner we are on our way to get some ice cream. I can feel that she hates being inside the house all the time but it's also necessary for her recovery. Although she has healed from outside, the internal trauma is still there in her heart. She has been able to keep her insecurity from our family but she can't hide it from me. Because I know her without her saying anything. On her request, we have brought Candy with us too as the little one doesn't want to be left out. Also, I think a little dog-friendly ice cream won't be harmful to her.

Soon enough we reach a nearby ice cream shop where I stop the car and get out. Going around, I help Ishita to get out as well before picking up Candy in my arms. Upon walking inside, I ask the two to sit on a booth which is available in the shop and I go to order ice cream for us. Ishita has already told me she wants to have Cookie Monster Rolled Ice Cream so I ask the person to make that one and for me, I order Mint Chocolate Chip Rolled Ice Cream. I also order a small bowl of Vanilla Ice Cream for Candy as dogs shouldn't eat chocolate.

"When will the ice cream come?" Ishita asks as soon as I sit across from her.

"Wait for 10 minutes." I reply looking at her with amusement.

"Why so long?" She grumbles under her breath but still I can hear her perfectly.

"Because they need to make it correctly." I reply while holding her hand in mine making her look at me with an adorable pout.

Frankly speaking, I am loving this Ishita more who is not shy or hesitant anymore. Now she talks without caring about anything else, not only that she has become a completely new person with her newfound bubbly nature. I think this is the real one which had been dormant after what happened all those years ago.

"What are you thinking so hard?" She asks.

"That you are glowing more nowadays." I answer truthfully.

"I am just happy and relieved that I don't need to hide anything else from you or our family." She says.

"If I say so myself, I would say you didn't have to hide anything from the beginning. I understand you were afraid but you should have trusted me a little more." I let out.

"I never intended to hide anything but circumstances wasn't in my favor. I used to have nightmares every single night however, after our marriage they stopped abruptly so I thought that I was good. I didn't even need to take medicines to get rid of them, maybe because I felt safe with you. I am not saying that I didn't feel safe in Delhi because I did but I think Mumbai has suited me more." She replies making me smile at her because it feels good to hear from her that she feels safe with me.

Before I can reply, a waiter brings the ice cream which seeing my dear wife starts smiling like a little kid making me chuckle while candy starts bouncing barking happily. Without wasting anymore time, I serve them their ice cream before taking mine as well. Candy is the first one to finish her ice cream and then starts whining wanting more. But she is still a puppy so I don't give her anymore.