72

"The dark cloud that sits on the top of my head, I'm stuck here, free my hands to run these blades"

Just like how plants need water to grow consistently, Jungkook needs his work. He doesn't like to be free of work and sit around.

But these past few days, he has been stuck in his work, there is a case of five year old girl being brutally beaten and bruised, he has done the physical examination and clicked pictures to observe the pattern of cuts and bruises but he can't find any sort of reoccurrence.

He is getting nowhere, of course internal examination is still not done but it's really rare for him to not being able to connect the dots.

He blows the smoke out of his mouth as he waits for the bubbly boy in this wood-themed posh cafe filled with mildly sweet fragrance of cinnamon and vanilla mixed with a hint of lemon.

He is going through his mails when the loud sound of the glassdoor opening is heard, he looks up to see Jimin clumsily stumbling forward disrupting everyone around and what astonishes Jungkook, what blows his mind is how instead of apologizing, Jimin decides to act cute by flashing his dazzling smile.

"oops I'm sorry" he laughs but there is no hint of truthfulness in his words, 'his ass is not sorry' jungkook thinks to himself as he watches jimin proceeding to move his feet forward towards where Jungkook is sitting. The raven haired mashes the cigarette on the side of the table before looking at Jimin's way with a subtle smile.

"Hello" Jungkook greets the blonde haired boy as he takes a seat in front of him.

"Hello professor Jeon, how have you been?" Jimin smiles and confidently asks, as if Jungkook and him have been friends for years, he thinks Jimin is someone who can easily make friends and doesn't shy away from conversations unlike him.

"Good, how about you?" Asks the ravenette as he takes in Jimin's appearance, he notices Jimin is dressed totally opposite to the vibe of this café. The place executes richness and elegance and here he is in his sweats, his hair messily tied in a bun, he was looking as cuddly as a puppy.

It's kind of cute in his opinion

"Stressed" Jimin answers honestly.

"Is it exams?" Jungkook asks carefully, he feels really awkward. He is an introvert for God's sake please.

"Not particularly but yes it is one of the reasons. How was your trip?" Jimin shifts the topic not in the mood to overthink about his worries.

"Phenomenal" Jungkook answers with a genuine smile to which Jimin nods as a sign of 'that's nice to hear'.

As they were talking, the waitress stops by their table to a mini notebook and a pen, to write down their order.

"Sir, what would you like?" She asks with a smile, that she has probably mastered. It's polite and professional.