Chapter Six - Kinsley

Kinsley ~

I didn't even recognize myself at the moment. Who was this woman? This confident woman who was having light hearted conversation with two of the most delicious men in all of L.A.?

Don't get me wrong I practically had a panic attack just before entering the club. Luckily I had the VIP card that Dane had given me, allowing me to bypass the line that was starting to wrap around the block. I knew if I would have had to stand there and wait, I would have talked myself out of this whole thing.

But my desire to see Dane again overpowered my nerves and gave me enough confidence to enter the high end nightclub.

The sheer size of the club was intimidating and made me feel small, similar to the way Dane's house had, but as I forced my way through the crowd a familiar face caught my eye. Adriana told me his name was Tyson - Dane's best friend and business associate. He was standing behind the bar, radiating power and dominance with his eyes already locked on me.

Usually strange men staring at me put me on edge, but having Tysons eyes on me made me feel...safe? The thought was strange considering how menacing he looked with his dark eyes and tattooed muscles, but my body seemed to welcome his gaze and I was drawn to him - pulled toward him as if I couldn't control my own body.

Dane joined us shortly after and I couldn't help but wonder how I'd managed to maintain the attention of these sinful men for the past hour. The jealous looks I received from other women in the club weren't lost on me, but no matter who walked past us, regardless of their beauty or obvious status - Tyson and Dane were solely focused on me and I couldn't quite figure out why.

There were plenty of things that were difficult to figure out at the moment actually. The biggest mystery being which one of the men was the wingman? They both seemed to display an interest in me which was still beyond my realm of understanding, but which one was pursuing and which one was assisting?

At times I thought it was Dane based on his flirtatious words and witty charm, but then again Tyson was sending me signals as well. Tyson's communication with me was mostly nonverbal as he wasn't much of a talker, but the way he looked at me - serious and sensual - put a blush on my cheeks and neck that made me feel desired and hungered for.

The strangest part was that even though both men were showing interest in me, they didn't seem to be competing. They were almost working in tandem, assisting each other simultaneously.

They offered to give me a tour of the club which was appealing because I'd only been to a few nightclubs before, but none of them were of this caliber. Everything around me was exclusive and expensive and I was curious to see how the wealthy elite lived while I was home eating hot pockets and painting on Friday nights.

As we discussed the tour, my eyes found their way to the deep purple velvet drapes that separated the nightclub from the strip club. Adriana had told me about that section of the club, admitting that she'd been there once or twice for parties which piqued my interest. I'd seen strip clubs in movies, but I'd never experienced one first hand. Maybe it was the liquid courage, or maybe it was the sudden confidence I felt from Dane and Tyson's flood of attention, but I was intrigued and wanted to see what all the hype was about.

As we left the bar and started making our way through the dense crowd, Tyson took a position in front of me creating a pathway so Dane and I could travel in his wake. My eyes should have been surveying the club as Dane spoke, but instead they were glued to the thick muscles of Tyson's back that strained against his shirt as he walked.

"This is the VIP section that strictly bottle service." Dane said, pointing to the row of upholstered booths that were slightly elevated above the dance floor, snapping me out of my lusty trance.