"it was a bad idea,"

Ophelia woke up early the next morning, her window still open which made her shiver under the blanket before she got up and closed it

Ophelia woke up early the next morning, her window still open which made her shiver under the blanket before she got up and closed it. Then she got changed for her first lesson which was History of Magic.

The Hogwarts uniform was similar to the uniform at St Joesph's so she already knew how to do up her tie in her 1st year. She hummed 'Changes' as she pulled up her tights before doing up the buttons to her white shirt. Usually, she would leave the top button open and her navy blue tie was messy. Finally, she put on her skirt, brushing it down before reaching for her hair bush.

After brushing through her chocolate brown hair and twirling the curtains around her finger, she bent down to tied up her black boots. She turned her head to gaze at the clock to check the time. "Crap," She muttered when she realised the lesson was about to started and quickly threw her cloak over her and ran

~☕︎︎~

The History of Magic classroom was located on the third floor of the castle. The Professor was Professor Binns who was actually a ghost. To say he was a being muggles feared, his monotone voice made most students fell asleep.

Because the classroom was so large and most people were asleep and not causing trouble, all four houses were mixed together.

Ophelia ran into the room, interrupting the silence with her heavy breathing. "Care to explain why you're late Miss Thompson?" The silver Professor asked with an unimpressed face which seemed to never disappear.

"Maybe she spent to much time on her makeup!" A greasy haired Slytherin shouted from the back of the classroom. "It didn't work!" Another boy, Evan Rosier shouted.

"You didn't seem to say that when we use to-"
Ophelia was interrupted by the Professor. "Silence. 2 points from both Slytherin and Ravenclaw. Now sit down." He ordered which made her eyes roll as she collapsed into the seat behind Marlene and Lily.

"Why did you do that?" Lily asked in a slight hiss so the already frustrated teacher did not hear her. "You're a bit late for a Ravenclaw." Marlene teased as she leaned back and rested her elbow on her desk. "As Einstein said 'don't give a fuck'." Marlene chuckled at Ophelia's response before pushing herself forward to face her desk again.

Ophelia didn't do too well at History of Magic and was only passing because of Lily. The room fell moderately quiet apart from the whispers and laughs coming from the Marauders behind her.

Ophelia wasn't paying attention to the Professor either but was scribbling down in the corner of the textbook. With almost every textbook she came across, she would doddle in, usually drawing faces and eyes. "Miss Thompson, do you know what the Werewolf Code of Conduct is?" Professor Binns asked.

A look of confusion glanced over her face when she did not know the answer. She then heard a hiss which made her look over at Lily who was holding up her textbook, showing the answer.

"A set of rules outlining the responsibilities of werewolves, such as preventing any possible attacks by locking themselves up securely every month." She read out which made the Professor look at her with an impressed look.

"Very good Miss Thompson. 3 points to Ravenclaw."  He announced as he turned back to the black board. "I'm not doing that for you again." Lily whispered which made Ophelia smirk.

"That skirts awfully short for your body Thompson." Evan Rosier teased. Ophelia turned to face the Slytherin boy sat on the desk beside her, put on a smirk and put her feet up on the empty seat beside her. "And your dick is awfully smaller then you said it was." She replied which made him mumble under his breath as the surrounding students snickered at the boy.

"Fuck sake!" Remus shouted loudly as he spilt his ink pot onto the table, watching as it began to drip onto the floor. "Who said that?" Binns asked as he turned around and looked at the direction were it was coming from. The taller boy, who had scars littered across his face, pointed at the messy haired boy beside him.

"Mr Potter, 4 points from Gryffindor and I would like you to move next to Miss Thompson here." The Professor said. You could sense that happiness in the room from the other houses that points were finally taken off the house which the headmaster favoured.

But one person wasn't happy and that was Ophelia. She huffed as she slumped in her chair but kept her feet up on the other chair so when James pulled it out from under the desk, he had to push her feet off. She tried to ignore him but she could see him leaning over to her side in her peripheral.

"Are you just unable to stick to your side?" She asked suddenly which made the boy jump slightly before smirking. "Did you draw that?" He asked as he pointed to one of the doddles she had done in the textbook. Expecting a compliment she replied with, "I did." with a proud smile.

"They're not very good. Don't be an artist for your career." James suggested, attempting to hold back a smirk. "Amazing suggestion there." The Ravenclaw replied sarcastically. "I have one, stop trying for Lily. She doesn't want you." Ophelia added, speaking slowly so his small brain could understand her.

"Detention Mr Potter and Miss Thompson for talking." Professor Binns announced which made the two scowl, grumble to themselves and lean back in their chairs. "Someones going through menopause." Ophelia muttered under her breath.

Thank you so much for over 500 followers! I can't believe it!

Love Emma xxx