C H A P T E R 12

🎶Cause I see you tryingSubliminally tryingTo see if I'm gon' be the one that in your arms🎶

Subliminally trying
To see if I'm gon' be the one that in your arms🎶

I turned off the music and plopped down on my bed with a sigh. Today was a really tiring day at the office. Not physically, but mentally.

As soon as I came home I hit the showers and slept my way through. Now it's 2am and I have been in bed since 9pm, I haven't even had dinner.

For the past hours I have been in bed, thinking of how Denise was all over Kezr in his office.

When we arrived in the meeting room and Kezr introduced me as his assistant, everyone smiled at me except for Denise, the brunette.

Throughout the whole meeting she kept biting her lip looking at Kezr with 'fudge me' eyes.

When I was talking to Kezr about why he didn't sign the contract, Zake came and took me with him to the elevator saying that it was a safe place to talk about what he wanted to talk about, but all he did was squeal like a little girl.

He wouldn't tell me and then turned serious and asked me to fetch Kezr. I thought something was serious and bursted in Kezr's office without knocking.

But what I saw made my heart clench really badly. I saw Denise all over Kezr while he had no expression on his face.

I told him what I wanted to and left the office with tears pooling up in my eyes and my heart racing really badly, but stopped when I heard his voice boom, "GET OUT!"

I saw Denise rushing out of his office with tears rolling down her eyes. Ms. Wentmore asked her what had happened and she told everyone how Kezr was harassing her and when she had said no, he fired her.

Us not obviously believing her lies, we called the guards and threw her butt out of the office.

Soon after Zake took me with him to tell me all about his crush.

I asked him who Maria Moore was? And all he did was dramatically gasp and put a hand on his head saying he might faint. Drama queen.

He told me about his crush Maria Moore who also happens to be a famous podcaster.

He told me all about her dreamily saying how he likes her hair, eyes even eyebrows and took name of her every single body part like that. Every single.

I also remember how Kezr liked my coffee and asked for it again. I smiled remembering how he childishly argumented with me on coffee.

I really want to sleep again. but can't. So I decided to make some camomile tea to relax myself.

I was walking to my room, carrying my tea in one hand and other hand was kept underneath it to make sure I don't spill it, as Iam clumsy as a baloney.

I was passing by Kezr's room when I heard mumbling and groaning coming from his room.

I heard something crash and I immediately went into my room, put my cup on the coaster on my bedside table and went towards his room door, tiptoeing.

"Ugh...is...no..right." What is going on?

Should I enter?

Will he scold me for it?

Freak it.

Even if he scolds me it's not something new. I would just go back to my room after making sure he is alright and cry myself to sleep thinking how he was rude to me. Simple.

I quietly twisted his door knob and found his door open. Bingo!

I saw him on his bed, groaning and twisting around in discomfort with the bed lamp slightly crooked.

I went to him and slowly lowered my ear to hear what he was saying.

"Why? Dad, I-I trusted you, why....it hurt...bad?" He mumbled and stopped moving.

Is he dead?

I caressed his cheek a little, as he wasn't moving (although I was scared, touching the dead) but he just mumbled and leaned against my hand.

That seems pretty alive to me.

He looks so cute right now.

Cute, for Kezr?

Eh, it fits him perfectly just right now. Right now.

He sleeps like a baby, and shirtless.

I averted my gaze, although I didn't want to but did it, knowing if he was awake he wouldn't like it.

I fixed the lamp, tucked him in bed, comfortably as he had kicked the bedsheet and his blanket away.

He clutched the sheets in his hand tightly mumbling incoherent words.

I removed his hair from his face and he hummed in satisfaction and a content smile took over his face.

After that I just left his room and went into my room, drank my tea and at 3am I finally slept my exhaustion off, remembering that content smile on his face. I smiled and went into a content, abyss sleep.

••••••••••••••••

I woke up by hearing some noises coming from downstairs.

I looked over at the digital clock on my beside table. 7am.

I only got 4 hours of sleep. Shite!

The voices from downstairs grew louder and louder and it looked like the people who were talking were now on this floor's living room.

I slipped on my rubber flip flops and went out of the room.

I stood beside the wall next to the living room and what I saw made my eyes pop out of their sockets.

Layla, Elijah (Kezr's parents), Zake and a lady with dark hair, a man whom I don't know and two kids, were sitting in the living room.

Why are they here, at literal 7 in the morning?

To escape, I slowly stepped back but me being the biggest clumsy baloney, touched the vase causing it to cling and wobble.

The commotion in the living room died down and everyone's eyes were on me.

So much for not making myself known.

I mentally face palmed myself and sheepishly smiling, I went towards them.
_______________________________

I love Kezr's rudeness mixed with his cuteness... Don't know why 😂
______________________________

Words:1016