Chapter Twelve

She's being absolutely ridiculous, absurd really. Why the hell is she so obsessed with this woman? She's known her for all of one month and yeah okay, that's like her longest relationship since Neal. She has old Chinese food in her refrigerator that she has a longer relationship with...wait, no, Regina threw that out and insisted that they stop eating out...anyways, that's beside the point. The point is...ugh, why is she so...not the l-word...just very, very infatuated with, wants to spend every waking moment with, wants to raise her baby and Henry with Regina?

She's becoming attached and clingy and sort of romantic and that's not who she is. But dear god, Regina does all kinds of stuff to her insides. And yes, her baby just started becoming more active but she swears, she swears, that the baby becomes all hyper and kicks and does happy flips whenever Regina is within a ten feet radius. Not to mention, Henry, who started asking questions about her relationship with Regina a week ago and keeps saying how much he likes having her around and it's cool with him if they are together.

She panics every time and rambles nonsense.

She needs to get a grip and chill the fuck out.

Actually, she needs some Regina.

Stupid pregnancy hormones, they seem to go all haywire whenever Regina is near and she has never been more turned on in all her life. She wishes she could run and sweat out these needy desires or punch a bag until she's tired and can no longer feel the fluttering between her thighs but she can't because of doctor's orders.

So, she's been rushing home every day after work to beat Henry home, so she can take care of the situation herself and then take a very cold shower before Regina comes over just to torture her again. She wonders on a daily basis, how she is going to survive this entire pregnancy without sex? She is craving it like a damn vampire after his first taste of blood. Except, she only wants Regina's touch, the thought of any one else makes her cringe, but Regina...

The sudden sharp and curt knock on her door whisks away her naughty thoughts. She jerks open the door and hates her stupid mouth for grinning so damn hard.

"Hi."

"Hello," Regina playfully replies, her own smile taking over her entire face. And then she does the unthinkable, she steps over the threshold and presses the smallest kiss to the corner of Emma's mouth. Every ounce of liquid drips straight down to Emma's core. "Are you excited?"

Oh sweet Jesus. In more ways than Regina can imagine.

"Is this how we greet each other now?" Is what embarrassingly squeaks out of Emma's dry throat.

"Well, I know how you feel about kissing but I was hoping this would be alright. It's quite ridiculous that we are dating and cannot express any type of affection," Regina scoffs in annoyance but it doesn't bother her.

In fact, nothing ever truly bothers Emma about Regina. Maybe that is the one thing that irritates her, kind of. Not really.

She rolls her eyes at herself.

"No, you are right," Emma agrees, shutting the door behind Regina and she moves on autopilot to help her out of her jacket but the woman is already waltzing into her kitchen.

She studies the way Regina makes herself at home, breezing through the apartment as if she already has moved in. She places a plain white box down on the kitchen table, then sets an umbrella down next to it. Emma's nose scrunches, because it's definitely not raining out, in fact, there's not a cloud in the sky and she's not entirely sure why, but the black umbrella makes her feel wary.

Regina shrugs out of her coat while she steps back into the hall and neatly hangs it in the closet, pausing for a moment before her hand sweeps across something that must be dangling inside. Emma tilts her head in consideration, the only thing that's been hanging in that closet is her red leather jacket that she retired when she gave up her job as a bail-bonds person. She isn't sure why but her heart is hammering and she considers calling a babysitter and taking Regina up against the nearest wall.