•09•

Amren Valentino

The grand antique clock hung elegantly on the wall of the chapel strikes 12 p.m sharp, thus the classic music crescendoes.

The chattering noise of the guests dies out as the huge double sided doors open, revealing my bride accompanied by her father at her side.

Her gorgeous dress screamed sophistication and etherealness while at the same time the exposed shoulders and the high slit that revealed her tanned legs, made sure to emit sexiness.

I gulp while at the altar, my heart pounds heavily in my chest, and I can sense a smirking Luca at my side, though my eyes seem to be stuck at the angelic figure getting closer with each step.

When she finally makes it to the altar, after the agonizing seconds that dragged on forever, Dominic lets go of her hand, and hands it to me.

With a nod he backs away slowly, and I stare ahead at my bride, she had the most captivating set of brown eyes and the plumpest lips that could even lure the devil.

We stare at each other expressionlessly, each trying to decipher the other out.

The priest starts speaking, all blending into the background in one big blur. At this exact moment, nothing else mattered. Nothing else existed but her and I.

Eventually, it came to the part where I actually had to pay attention to what came out of the priest's mouth.

"Do you, Amren Alexander Valentino, take Aiyana Marie Vasquez to be your lawfully wedded wife, to hold and to cherish in sickness and health, for poorer or richer, do you vow on being faithful, until death do you apart?"

"I do"

"Do you,  Aiyana Marie Vasquez, take Amren Alexander Valentino to be your lawfully wedded husband, to hold and to cherish in sickness and health, for poorer or richer, do you vow on being faithful, until death do you apart?"

I can visibly see the hesitation and fear through her eyes, no matter how hard she tried on masking her emotions, it manages to crack out.

"I do" She lets out after deadbeat silence, and I can hear a few sighs of relief around me.

I guess people didn't actually think we'd go through with this.

"By the power vested in me from god and the state, I now announce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride" The priest lets out and I bring one hand to her waist, while the other rests on the side of her face.

I lean in closer and capture her sweet lips in a gentle kiss. With that, the crowd breaks out in applause and cheers.
Being distracted by the congratulating guests, all of a sudden, the sound of bullets penetrating the chapel breaks through.

People panic, guards cock their guns, ready to respond and everyone is on high alert. All hell breaks loose.

I tug Aiyana downwards to the ground and push her behind me, sheltering her frame from the sight of danger.

"Fuck" I hear Luca saying while firing a round of magazine towards the source of down showering bullets.

"Prepare the car, we need to leave now" I say and he nods his head, barking orders in his ear piece amidst all the chaos.

I take a glance back, towards Aiyana's terrorized features, her breaths are shallow and her trembling hands grab a gun that laid on the floor near us.

I furrow my eyebrows in perplexity and she just grits her teeth "Lets just move"

I nod, grabbing her free hand with mine and we both fire the guns a few rounds, buying us enough time and space to make a run for the back door of the church, where the car awaited us.

Once we're both safely in, the driver revs the engine to life, and the car roars as it jolts off from the road and forward, further down into the street.

"Fucking Ivan" I mumble under my breath, combing my hand through my hair in frustration, and take a look to the girl next to me. My wife.

Her previous hand that held a gun is currently on the hem of her dress, playing nervously with the fabric, while the gun laid out on the seat next to her.

Her other hand was on her chest trying to calm her frantic heart beat. Her eyes were closed, and I take notice to the sheet of sweat that encased her forehead.

No one said anything as I took out my phone and began making the necessary calls for our getaway. An option I had just in case of an emergency.
Well, this certainly fucking was one.

•••

A/n:
Well, shit just hit the fan, fam.

For more updates
please vote and comment ❣️