033.

THE CONFESSION

cloud 9 by beach bunny

but when he loves me i feel like i'm floating

⸺STEVE, Tiffany, Dustin, Lucas, Mike and Max all went back into the house. Steve and Dustin had wrapped the Demodog in a blanket and were going to put it in the fridge. Dustin was taking everything out of the fridge, including the shelves.

"Alright. It should fit now." Steve was holding the Demodog. "Is this really necessary?"

"Yes, it is, okay? This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog."

"Alright, alright, alright. But you're explaining this Mrs. Byers, alright?" Steve started shoving the Demodog into the fridge. Tiffany then walked in and saw him trying to put the Demodog into the fridge. "Christ. Help me out."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Get the door, man!"

"Alright, I got the door." They got the Demogorgon into the fridge and they got the door closed. Tiffany then spoke up. "So, we figured out that it likes the cold and we need to keep it warm, and your solution to that is to put it in the fridge?"

"Yeah." Steve patted Dustin's head and walked over to Tiffany. "Can I talk to you?"

Tiffany nodded. They looked back at Dustin and waited for him to leave. He just stood there. Steve started signaling for him to get out and he was just looking at Steve confused. "Dude, get out!"

"Okay, okay!" Dustin left the kitchen and went into the living room with everyone else.

"What did you want to talk about?" Steve was a little hesitant. He's never been rejected by a girl before. Nancy sort of did, but it was after they were already dating. Tiffany was the only girl who would actually turn him down. "So, I talked to Nance and she helped me realize something. It's a little hard for me to say, but-"

"You like me." Steve was shocked. "I-Wh...What? I don't-"

"Steve, I heard Nance say that she knows you like T. I know that you don't know anyone else's name who starts with a T. Also, you've been acting differently."

"Differently?"

"You've been smiling at me whenever I say anything. I've caught you staring at me."

"Shit, I forgot you were smart." Tiffany laughed a bit. "So..."

"So."

"Do you like me back?" Tiffany nodded and Steve was actually surprised. "Wait, actually?"

"Yeah."

"You like me?"

"Yes."

"Steve Harrington?"

"Yes, I like Steve Harrington." Steve started smiling. "Really?"

"Yes, Steve! Oh my god!" Steve looked down and kept smiling. He pumped his fists in the air. "WOO!"

Tiffany laughed at Steve. He smiled down at her. "I seriously thought you were gonna reject me."

"Why?"

"You're like the only girl would reject me 'cause you actually have standards."

"You mean I'm not a basic girl who sleeps with the first guy who looks at her?"