Twenty Six

Lori stood next to Klaus in front of the stairs while Kol had gone to talk to Rebekah, "they're up to something" Lori muttered finishing the glass of sparkling champagne before putting it on one of the trays. "It's always something with those Salvatores you needn't worry, love" Klaus turned to Lori smirking. Lori sighed, "where is my dear brother, i do hope he's being a gentleman" Klaus said amused. Lori smiled turning to the crowd, "you needn't worry" she said before turning to Klaus.

Klaus turned seeing Caroline walking out the doors to the front, "if you'll excuse me love" Klaus said before turning and following her. "Well that's not creepy" Lori muttered under her breath, "sorry i took so long darling" Lori jumped. "Kol you've got to stop doing that" Lori said laughing, they turned their attention to Esther who was now on the stairs.

She tapped her glass with a fork, "good evening ladies and gentlemen" she began looking around smiling. Finn joined Kol on his right while Lori stood on his left, "waiters are coming around with champagne, i invite you all to join me in raising a glass" she announced. Kol took two glasses handing one to Lori before turning to look at his mother, "it provides me with no greater joy, than seeing my family back together as one" she turned looking at her children and smiling.

"I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening, cheers" she raised her cup up in the air, Lori took a sip along with everyone. She still felt that bubbling sensation but decided to ignore it, "i have to have a talk with my sister, i'll find you around later" Kol bent down whispering in Lori 's ear. She turned smiling before he walked off in search of Rebekah, Lori sighed drinking the rest of the champagne in one go.

Lori turned walking outside surprised to see Kol on the ground with Damon on top of him, "Damon no!" Lori yelled but it was too late he'd snapped Kol's neck. Lori picked up the front of her dress raising a hand "motus" Damon was sent flying back, landing meters back landing on his back with a crack. He growled getting up and vamp speeding over, "Damon" Stefan called as he too now walked out. "Are you crazy" Stefan asked as the Mikaelsons made their way outside, Lori standing her ground in front of Kol. Damon turned not caring anymore and walked away, Lori 's attention was brought to Kol as she knelt down bringing a hand to his cold cheek.