25

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

"You called me over here for what?" Jayla asked, shutting the door behind her.

"Nice to see you too auntie." Jahseh remarked, Jayla roll her eyes hanging her purse on the coatrack. The two of them hugged each other, Jayla kissing his cheek.

"Now, why the hell you called me over here and what the hell is that smell?" She asked, scrunching up her face at the burnt smell. Jahseh tuck in his lips, looking around. Jayla squinted her eyes at him.

"Jahseh, what the hell are you in here doing?" She asked, walking around him and into the kitchen. Jahseh followed behind her looking at the slight mess he had created.

Tonight was the night of his date with Blu. He figured it'll be nice to switch it up a little and cook instead. Cooking for her was thoughtful and different, the only problem was...he couldn't cook for shit. Reason why he called his aunt over in need of desperate help.

"Jesus, Jahseh!" Jayla said, shaking her head at the kitchen. She turned around to face him, Jahseh giving her a small smile.

"Who's the girl?" She asked already knowing what this was about. It was pretty obvious since all eighteen years of his life, she had never seen him step foot in he kitchen to cook...EVER. Unless, he was genuinely trying to learn how to cook, she figured it was for a girl.

"So, her name is Blu and I like her a lot. I had asked her out on a date and I figured it'll be really nice if I cook for her." He answered.

"And I'm sure that's going well for you." Jayla joked, Jahseh let out a small sigh.

"Why don't you just take her to a restaurant or something?" She asked afterwards and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I felt as though it'll be even more special if I stepped out of my comfort zone and do something I never did before. It's really not going too well which is why I called you here. I really want this to be nice for her auntie." He explained to her, sounding very desperate.

He walked over to his aunt and hugged her, Jayla grumbling. "Auntie, please help a poor lost soul." He begged like a child.

"Boy get off me." She told him and he did as told. She fixed her shirt then cross her arms looking around the kitchen again. Looking back at Jahseh, she seen him making puppy eyes that wasn't working out too good.

"Please, stop, you look weird." She told him and he smack his lips.

"Fine, I'll help, but your doing all the work and I'm just guiding you. You need to learn how to cook regardless, I refuse for you to be that type of man." She remarked and he nodded his head.

"Okay, so what's the first thing we gotta do?"

"Clean this mess you made."