𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗

You had been traveling for what seemed like hours

You had been traveling for what seemed like hours. But no, a whole entire two days. You and Tanjiro were absolutely exhausted. But never the less, you kept on going.

You eventually made it to Tokyo. And the city was busting with life. You'd never been in the city before and it was mind blowing. The tall buildings and the festivities that would go year long. It was breath taking. You awed at every little thing. You and Tanjiro made it to an udon stand. He let Nezuko out to walk freely during the night with her at his side. You had gotta admit, you were starving and a nice pipping hot bowl of udon sounded delicious. Tanjiro walked up with you and Nezuko along with him.

"Two bowls of udon please." The man nodded his head and went to making your orders. The three of you sat down on a bench by the stand. Waiting for the food.

"Here's your udon kiddos." You looked over and smiled at the man as he held out two warm bowls for the both of you.

"Thank you very much!" You said. The man gave you a small smile before turning back.

You took the bowl and put it up to your lips and took a nice long sip. You turned around to find Tanjiro stopped eating. You raised a brow. He stood up and dropped his bowl. You got up and went up to him. When you looked upon his face, you gasped. His face was contorted with horror. His face was sweating.

"Tanjiro?! What is it?!" You asked placing a hand upon his shoulder. He looked around and sniffed the air. Wait a minute... does he smell a demon—? He grabbed his blade and turned in the other direction and ran down the road in which you both came from.

"Tanjiro where are you going?!" You yelled out. Gripping your blade by the handle Incase something was incredibly wrong.

"The scent!! It's the same one from our houses!" He shouted back to you. Your mind seemed to freeze.

What?

The same scent from both your houses? Does that mean—? He's found the demon that killed our families!? You ran with him and through the crowd of people. Shoving past many people. Tanjiro caught sight of the man and grabbed his shoulder. You both stopped and looked at the man. He slowly turned around. Your eyes widened. The glowing red orbs and pupils that looked like slits, making them look like a snake eyes.

"Hmm?" He turned to face you both. This is the man that killed my family?! Your worry soon turned to anger. Your brows furrowed and your teeth grinder against each other. You gripped the handle of your katana. You were about to pull out your blade when you heard a small voice call out through the crowd.

"Daddy?" You stopped. You looked up to see that the demon held a small girl with big brown eyes and dark hair. Your jaw fell open. Your breathing became irregular as you let out heavy pants. You were scared. He's living as a human here!

"What's going on darling?" Another woman came forward and looked upon your faces. You put a hand over your mouth to keep from screaming. He's posing as a human here in the city! The woman and the girl are human and have no idea that he's a demon!!