Chapter 33: I Need A Hero

Rupert's POV

"Guys," I say, catching their attention as I watch a shady guy walk into the restaurant with a cap on covering his face. "Is that him? I don't have a good angle on his face."

North, who's sitting across from me, leans over and down to get a good angle.

"That's him." She confirms.

"Somebody notify Connor," Hank says.

Josh's LED blinks yellow, indicating he's sending the message. We see (Y/n) slowly turn to look at him before looking back at Connor.

Gavin rolls his eyes. "This is ridiculous! Why don't we just go over there now and arrest him?" He starts to get up.

I nod in agreement. "I'm with him," I say, also getting up.

Hank pulls us both back down in our seats since he's in the middle of us. Simon, Josh, North, and Markus sit on the opposite side of the booth in that order with Simon by the wall and Markus on the edge.

Markus shakes his head at us. "We don't know what he has up his sleeve. From how Hank described him, Aidan's smart, and his mind is unstable."

"Well, that and he would probably run when he sees two people coming towards him," Simon adds with a shrug.

"Just stick to the plan and we'll be good," Josh says.

I huff. "Fine."

"You guys just need to relax. This is gonna be a piece of cake." Simon says and leans back, putting his hands behind his head.

"Don't get cocky," North warns with an eye roll.

She looks intently at Aidan and watches his every move.

He then starts walking over to Connor and (Y/n)'s table. I see Connor pull his gun out and lay it on his lap.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Hank mumbles as he also watches Aidan.

"I don't know but I'm about to go over there and give him my two cents," I say through gritted teeth as I start to stand up again but Hank pulls me down once again.

"Let's wait," Markus says.

I grumble my curses but comply. We watch as Aidan approaches them and they talk. The next thing we see is Connor putting his gun away and the two of them walking out with Aidan.

"What the hell?!" Hank says and gets up.

"That wasn't part of the plan." North states as all of us get up with Hank.

We're about to follow but we get a message from Connor which causes us to stop.

"Don't follow us but we're going with Aidan. He has bombs set in this part of the city that will go off if he dies. He'll kill himself if we resist. We don't have a choice here, I'm sorry."

"Damn." I slam my hand on the table.

"What?" Gavin asks with irritation since we all stopped moving. Hank also has a look of confusion on his face.

"Connor just sent us a message." Josh sighs.

"Said that Aidan has bombs set in this part of the city that are rigged to explode if he dies," Simon adds.

"And he threatened to kill himself if they didn't follow him." I finish, anger lacing my voice.

"We have to go after them though. If we don't he'll kill them!" Gavin says.

"First we have to find those bombs," Josh speaks up and we all rush out of the restaurant.