XXXVII

"i dont." wilbur hummed, his hold still around me.

"but i dont trust him with you." he continued, presumably talking about george.

i pulled back slightly, just enough to look up at the tall brunette.

"why? because of what happened to eret?" i stared intensely into his brown eyes.

wilbur froze for a second, his eyes widened at my question. he quickly whipped his head left to right, looking at the proximity of the other dancers.

"you cant say that here." he replied in a hushed tone, moving one of his hands to rest on my shoulder.

"how come you never told me anything about the war- about what happened to this kingdom." i continued.

wilbur pulled me off of the dance floor, to the left side of the room. his eyes darted back across the ball, a now confused looking philza eyeballing us.

"who told you this-" wilburs eyes frantically scanned my face, his hands holding my arms in place.

"dont avoid my questions- you cant just hide something like this from me. you were involved in a war, wilbur. who else knows? does phil?" i began to get frustrated, pulling away from his grasp, running a hand through my hair.

the taller male nervously looked back at phil, then made eye contact with me.

"can we please talk about this later."

"its always later with you. you cant keep avoiding serious conversations with me, wil. im not some fragile thing you have to be careful with." i let out a jagged breath, my chest rising and falling with every huff.

wilbur stood there, not saying anything. his stare fixated on me, as a guilty look washed over him.

"look- y/n i can explain, just not now its not safe-"

"i cant do this right now." i mumbled out as i turned, pushing the spruce doors open and leaving.

~*~*~*~

third person pov

punz strolled down the hallway, pale streaks of light illuminating his netherite armour through the french windows, as he walked further down the long stretch.

the blond held his sword in his right hand, dragging against the floor below, loud scraping echoed against the stone walls.

a set of quick footsteps clicked against the ground, growing louder as they approached the sword bearing male.

punz turned to face the noise with a smile, and was shoved against one of the tall windows, his armour clanking as it made contact with the glass.

dream pressed his left arm against the other blonds throat, holding his own sword in his opposing hand.

the blue eyed male dropped his sword at the contact, his hands clawing at dreams armoured arm.

the masked man stared down at the male he had pinned against the window, light streaming in highlighting the older blonds features.

"what? you gonna beat me up like you did sapnap?" punz snickered, head tilted back slightly, his hands clamped around dreams arm trying to relieve the pressure on his neck.

dream clench his jaw, his teeth gritted together.

"shut the fuck up. what was that all about-" dream applied more pressure to punzs throat, causing the white hooded male to thrash his hands around, knocking dreams mask off of his face.

the enamel mask dropped to the floor, and skidded a few meters to the right, hitting a pair of feet that stood close by.

"now now dream, let him be." george uttered calmly.

the king stood idly by as he watched the scene unfold. dream, now maskless, pulled away from punz, sliding his sword back into its scabbard.

punz gasped for air, his face reddened and eyes watering. george stepped towards the heaving male, sliding off one of his many gold rings.

"here, as part of your payment. i expect you to come to me later with the information you gathered." the king mumbled, dropping the ring into punzs hand.

the mercenary nodded, pocketing the object quickly and eyeing dream.

the green eyed man frowned, a look of betrayal graced his face.

"sorry dream. money is money." punz muttered before scampering off down the hallway.

this left dream alone with george, who had now folded his arms over his chest.

"so tell me dream," george began, a scowl resting on his face.

"what happened to not knowing anything about
y/n?"

"i dont know what you mean george-"

the king shook his head.

"well, they seem to know you."

a/n- how we feeling about mcc?? also damn we getting into some angst here, vote n comment <33