Adrien + Marinette (Not my story)

This one-shot is so cute I can't- I just finished reading this and I just had to share it with you guys. It's a reverse crush. Adrien likes Marinette (Marinette still likes Adrien though) The story is called Changing For Her by AgresteBug. The link will be in the comments of course. I hope you enjoy as much as I did ❤️

Fidgeting with the black beanie on his head, he told Nino under his breath, "Please, stop staring at me."

Nino moved closer to him in the small space of their seat, his hand reaching for the beanie, "I want to see."

He swatted Nino's hand away, "I said no. It was a dumb idea." Adrien muttered, feeling his face flush as he thought about why in the world he ever thought listening to Plagg was a good idea. The mere fact that Plagg had pushed him to do it should have been a red flag. It was like he hadn't learned anything from the last time he'd taken Plagg's advice.

"G-Good morning Adrien."

"Eh, for you that was like a seven." Alya said teasingly, earning a hard glare from their pigtailed friend that the Ladyblogger fully ignored.

Adrien smiled at her, knowing he couldn't control the loving face he was making. "Good morning Marinette."

She smiled and his heart melted a little more. Ever since the magic that blinded him had been removed, he knew the truth. Marinette was his Lady. He thought he was in love with her before, but finding out who she was underneath the mask? That's when he really understood what being in love meant. He had spent weeks working up the courage to ask her out, but was also taking baby steps knowing how nervous she was around him.

It was getting harder and harder to keep it a secret that he knew, which is why he'd listened to Plagg about this terrible idea in the first place.

Marinette pushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear, her eyes quickly making contact with his before she looked away, "That's, uh, that's a nice beanie. I like the little ladybug on the side."

He touched it fondly, "Oh, thanks." He added it lightly, "Just... trying to take some inspiration for courage. No one's braver than Ladybug, except our everyday Ladybug."

Marinette's face flushed and she giggled nervously, "Y-Yeah. Br-Brave."

She rushed passed to get to her seat behind him, and he saw Nino grinning knowingly. Adrien whispered it to him quickly, "Not a word."

Nino's grin only widened. He held up his hands in surrender before leaning back casually and putting his hands behind his head. "I didn't say anything dude."

"You didn't have to. I can see it all over your face." Adrien accused.

"Sunshine, what's with the beanie?" He felt the beanie get pulled and tugged it back down quickly.

"No-Nothing! Just, keeping warm." He lied, turning to see Alya staring at him with pursed lips.

"Uh huh." Alya started off slowly, "You look plenty warm with your face all pink like that."

Nino snickered, but came to his defense, "Leave him alone Als. Maybe mister model is just having a bad hair day."

Marinette scoffed. "As if." He heard her whisper.

"Maybe you should take the beanie off for a bit until you cool down." Alya suggested, before she smirked, "Unless there is something you don't want us to see... or maybe a certain, someone."

Adrien glanced at Marinette's confused stare before he turned to Nino, "Traitor."

"I didn't say anything!" Nino said, crossing his arms, but was still smiling. Alya chuckled, "Who do you think put the idea in his head? I'm guessing you went through with it?"