16

Chapter 16 | Revealed
[Y/N]

A groan escaped my lips as I opened my eyes. It was like all the pain was rushing back. My eyelids were heavy but when I did manage to open my eyes, I became blinded by the bright lights and the white walls.

I didn't need to look around the room to know that I was in the hospital. It was obvious from the constant beeping heart monitor and the distinct smell of disinfected chemicals. Not to mention the ungodly whiteness of the entire room.

"Y/N-ah?"

I turned my head towards the voice. There was still a dull pain in my head, but it wasn't as bad as before. Sihyuk was standing right by my hospital bed. He looked relieved.

"You're finally awake," Sihyuk breathed a sigh of relief. "Minho was just in here, but he went out to get some coffee. How do you feel?"

"Like I died and came back to life," I groaned. "Not a good experience, don't try it." Sihyuk chuckled while shaking his head. "How long was I out for?"

"3 days," Sihyuk responded.

"Wow, I think that's a record," I responded with a smile. "Who came?" I noticed that there were some flowers and drinks lined up next to the hospital bed where I was laying.

"Minho, Hyojung, Seunghee, Eunwoo, and myself. Namjoon and his pack wanted to come but they kept canceling last minute. I think they feel guilty about you being in the hospital. That they couldn't bear to see you unconscious," Sihyuk mused as he filled me in.

"Did you find out who that Leopard Hybrid was?" I asked, trying my best to sit up.

"No," Sihyuk let out a heavy sigh. "We've yet to identify two of the assailants."

"They're not talking?" I asked, giving up on trying to sit.

"No, they're dead," Sihyuk said rather simply.

"Dead?"

"Yoongi killed two of the men while trying to fight them off," Sihyuk explained. "Of course, it was self-defense and the result of him trying to save you, so we're not holding any charges against him."

"Good," I said with a nod, remembering how he did have blood around his mouth when he was in his animal state.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Sihyuk asked, trying to turn the topic into something more light-hearted.

"Yeah, my scent blocker, please," I said as I closed my eyes. It was still a little too bright for me.

"Alright, I'll make sure to tell Hyojung before she comes later on today," Sihyujk agreed. Then for a moment, he paused. "How much longer are you going to use your scent blockers?"

"Oh my god, not you too," I groaned.

"Eunwoo reprimanded you, I'm guessing?" Sihyuk chuckled at my response.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'll stop...someday. Just not now. I have a bad feeling about stopping right now."

"Alright, just so you know. I think it'll be better for you to stop soon," Sihyuk said with a knowing smile.

"What is with Eunwoo and you trying to get me to stop using the scent blockers as soon as possible?" I asked frowning at Sihyuk.

"We see things from a distance, so we observe a lot more than you realize," Sihyuk said, his eyes twinkling.

"Ugh, whatever," I said rolling my eyes.

There was a knock on the door, successfully allowing the topic to be dropped.