Chapter 11: Poison

Four months ago, Y/N is outside of Mitsuri's house training. He's on his knees while drenched in sweat. He's breathing heavily while she looks down at him with one hand on her mouth. "Uh, Y/N, I think we shoulder stop," she said. 

"Come on," he said while wiping off the sweat from his forehead. "One more time!" 

He got into a sword stance. 

His body was visually shaking and it appeared that his legs were going to give out at any second

His body was visually shaking and it appeared that his legs were going to give out at any second. His arms seem like they were using every bit of strength they had in them just to hold the sword and didn't like that they are able to swing the weapon. 

"Y/N," Mitsuri said while putting her sword away. "No." 

His ankles buckle and he falls to his knees. "Y/N!" she said while rushing over to him. It had seemed that he was done and wasn't going to do anything. "Y/N," she said once again while cupping his face in her hands. "I think we should stop." 

"Alright," he replied. "But we'll continue later on." 

"Can it be just normal training?" she inquired. 

He slowly gets up and turns his back to her. "You know I have to learn Flame Breathing," he retorted. 

"Well, you don't have to," she told him. 

"You know what I mean." 

"Can I ask you a question?" 

"What is it?" 

"You developed Rage Breathing because you couldn't get the hang of Flame Breathing, right?" 

"Yeah." 

"Then why are you learning Flame Breathing now when you already got Rage Breathing and you know that Flame Breathing is hard for you to learn?" she asked him. He turned back to glance for a second before turning his back to her again. He didn't say anything and she looks at him with worry. "Is it because of Rengoku?" 

"Yes," he answered with a sigh. 

"Y/N," she said while standing up and walking over to him. She grabbed the wrist of his right arm and turned him around to face her. "I understand that you admired him but you don't have to learn the Breathing Style that he used. You created Rage Breathing for a reason." 

"It's not that simple," he replied. 

"What do you mean?" 

"It's about when I mean Akaza again," Y/N answered. "When I meet that bastard again, I will kill him. And it will be with the Breath of the person that he killed."

"Y/N, I understand that you're filled with rage, but you shouldn't let that blind you. I don't want to sound rude, but I think you should give up on learning Flame Breathing," she suggested. 

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Y/N snapped. 

He proceeds to walk away while Mitsuri runs over to him. "Y/N!" she said while jumping for him.