[2]: Fake Snow, New Girlfriends & NYE Kisses

**FLASHBACK**

"IT'S SNOWING, IT'S SNOWING!" I shout, running around my house.

"No it's not Lydia." My dad replies gruffly, checking out the window through the curtains. He's so gullible, make me smile every time.

"I know, but I'm hoping if I keep saying that it's snowing, the snow angels will allow it to happen. It is forecasted for this weekend you know."

"Yes I know, and I hope the forecast is wrong like it usually is. If we end up getting snow, we won't be getting out of our road for a few days, never mind the house." My dad grumbles, he hates it when it snows here.

We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, where the road dips down and all the snow and ice drift down to where our house is. And with us having a rather steep driveway, we can't get up or down it without skidding; which means we're stuck. I, however just like my siblings love snow, it doesn't come often so I appreciate it so much when it comes and actually sticks. They say that we're due some snow this weekend, not that the weather people are ever correct but I'm still living in hope.

"Well you'll just have to use your legs instead of your car won't you dad." I smile kissing his cheek before heading into the kitchen for breakfast. He was still grumbling to himself as I left.

"You excited for your last day of term before Christmas break Lyd?" My mum asks as I sit down at the table.

"Yes. I can't wait to hand in my portfolio and three outfits that I finally perfected and finished last night."

"I thought I saw your light on when I woke up in the middle of the night. You shouldn't be up that late when you've got college in the morning."

"I know but I need them to be perfect mum, this year is so important for me, you know that. These few designs and sketches are the ones that matter and could be the ones that help me make it into the fashion show at the end of summer."

"I know sweetie, I just don't want you over working yourself."

"I'm not, but I just need this work to be perfect. Mrs Tudor will be looking over all the work we've done so far over the holidays, and hand picking ten of us from class to show off our work in the summer fashion show. I NEED to be one of those girls mum."

"And I'm sure you will be, you're too talented for her not to pick you. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." I smile taking a sip of my orange juice. "Anyway, better hurry, Ash is on his way and I'm always late when he picks me up."

Just as I say that and stand up, Ash walks into the kitchen. "Too late I'm already here Lou." He laughs sitting down at the table and pinching some of my toast.

"You're early." I say pinching my toast back from him and finishing it as he finishes my glass of juice. I glare at him as he smirks at me.

"Don't you get fed at your house?" I ask placing my now empty glass and plate into the dishwasher.

"I've already had breakfast, but it's always so much nicer to eat someone else's food."

"Pig." I mutter to myself as I traipse upstairs to brush my teeth and collect my college work.

Five minutes later I'm carrying down my three outfits, my portfolio and my college bag that's full of Christmas gifts to share with the girls. "Let's go Ash."

I'm packing my things into his car as he casually strolls out my house. "Any time today." I say sliding into the passenger door.

"I was ready to go, but your dad started talking to me about the weather and how he hopes it doesn't snow." He says this and glances at me. "You been asking for snow again Lou?"