Chapter 15: The Stray

The streets of Vale are being decorated for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display, Team RWBY and Team King are strolling through it all with an awed Weiss in the front. A sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant.

Weiss: she then stops and raising her arms in amazement "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out..."

Weiss: she turns to Ruby "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Weiss: "Quiet, you!"

Yang: as they stop near the docks and the sounds of foghorns are heard "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?"

Ruby: "Ugh, they smell like fish!"

Weiss : "I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!"

Blake: "She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."

Weiss: "You can't prove that!"

Ruby: she turns her head "Whoa." the team looks at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad "What happened here?"

Detective 1: "Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle." He walks over to his partner"

Yang: "That's terrible" she sighs sadly .

Detective 2: "They left all the money again."

Ruby: "Huh?"

Detective 1: "Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

Detective 2: "I don't know, an army?"

Detective 1: "You thinking the White Fang?"

Detective 2: "Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough"

Weiss    "Hmph! The White Fang." she crossed her arms and points her nose in the air with her eyes closed "What an awful bunch of degenerates!"

Blake; "What's your problem?"

Weiss: "My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane."

Blake: "The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths." crossing her arms, getting serious "They're a collection of misguided Faunus."

Weiss: "Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!"

Blake: "So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!"

Ruby: "Hmm... Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago... Maybe it was him."

Weiss: "That still doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum. "Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal.

Yang: "That's not necessarily true"

Sailor 1: "Hey, stop that Faunus!"
As the teams overhears the cry for help and rush over to investigate, a Faunus with a golden monkey tail named Sun Wukong is seen running down the length of the boat and leaping on to the edge as the two sailors are about to apprehend him.