𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓻𝔂

Trigger Warnings~ Mentions of rape

"Seriously it's in the past, just drop it"

✰✰✰

January 2th, 1920

"This morning I awoke with another nightmare, most nights I don't even sleep, most nights I lie awake listening to Mary Alice and the other patients as they toss and turn. Sometimes she whines my name in her sleep and I am unable to comfort her, most nights I lay against the rough stone wall that connects our prison cells and hope that she can sense my presence and sometimes if I'm lucky her mumbles and whines cease... But the nights when I do manage to fall asleep are the worst, the darkness behind my eyelids are filled with monsters that threaten to close in on me, and lately, they've gotten worse. I fear it's a sign of something bad about to happen, and I want to tell Mary Alice but I don't want to cause her worry, but she needs someone to be strong for her, and I need to be that person, I am the only one who can be that person. So I hide my fears, lock them up tightly in a metal box, and refuse to fall asleep. From now on I'll lay against the cold rough stone and protect my innocent twin from afar."

"You always have been my protector..." Alice Cullen's smile was more of a frown, even though it was in the past she still wished her sister would have told her about the nightmares but she knew Addison didn't like to worry her, she always wanted to be the strong one. Maybe one day Alice would need to be Addison's protector to return years of favors. 

✰✰✰

January 13th, 1920

"I just wanted to forget... Dr. Arden upped the voltage during my last treatment but I can still remember... I can still remember the smell of mold and bleach... I could barely see my own hands in front of my face let alone the two men in the room with me and I can still remember my heart pounding in my chest... I can still remember the feeling of the cold chipped tiles against my bare skin and I can still remember his words "stay quiet and you'll enjoy this". I did try to scream,  I did try to fight but they were stronger than me and thankfully after a few moments everything went quiet and all I could hear was a ringing in my ear blocking out their gross words and low grunts... I prayed for it to stop, I prayed that Doctor Arden would up the voltage so I wouldn't remember but as the sticky blood coated my thighs and the piercing cold water numbed my skin, I knew I would never forget..."