Chapter 20

Underground Room

Earlier, when Wu Xi told him what had happened he was enraged. He couldn't contain his anger that he flipped over everything inside the underground hall.

It's been a very long long time, he feel this kind of feeling. His pulse raced and he breathed heavily, almost as if he would burst.

His muscles grew tense and he cracked his knuckles. His body temperature rose, and he could feel his blood boiling. Veins from his neck popped out.

"Your Highness!" Wu Xi called him to get is attention.

He started to loose control on himself. Growling can be heard within his chest. His beast wanting to surface.

His eyes turn back and forth between black and bright red. It was not normal at all. But Wu Xu and others get used to it. They are only afraid that it will take over Li Zhao.

His once neat hair turn loose and messy. Shockingly, his hair starting to turn white. Li Zhao look up at them, his fangs grew sharp. It was a very terrifying scene.

"Your Highness don't let it take over you!" Wu Xi and all the train swordsman stand in a circle.

Wind blow so strong that the books fly all over. Li Zhao's mask suddenly break into pieces. He screamed out of pain. The mark on his face glowing in bright red.

His face were full on view. But all of them look everywhere except him. Fortunately, the location were way underground. So no one could hear the noise.

The room was full of different kind of weapons. It was more like a prison. At the end of the room, a huge and dark cell.

A very thick and massive shackles for legs and hands. It was supposed to fits a wild animal or something similar.

Once Li Zhao is in control, all of them hold him tightly then swiftly drag him towards the dark cell, cuffs his legs and hand with the shackles.

It was more like a huge handcuffing. Too thick for a human being. However, it could barely held Li Zhao down. The scene was like a criminal being held.

This is it. Li Zhao also regard himself as a monster. Because of the differences between him and others. Until these days, only Wu Xi and his subordinates aware of his dark side.

It took hours for him to calm down. Pain was an understatement. He was in agony that no other human could handle it. Closing his eyes. He try to gain every sense of his human side.

"Your Highness. Princess Consort refuse to tender her wound. And she already sleep." Wu Xi's voice interrupted him. Li Zhao told him to check on her earlier.

"Release me." His voice turn back to normal. But his eyes remain a bit reddish.

"But.." Wu Xi feel hesitant. He is afraid His Highness will lose control again. Eventually, he released Li Zhao. Watching his master walk away weakly, he decided to follow him.

Wu Xi sneakily spy him from on top of Xu Ling Ai's roof. He could see every step that Li Zhao took towards her. Wu Xi released a heavy breath when he saw His Highness wanting to caress Xu Ling Ai's face.

"Even when she's asleep, Princess Consort managed to calm him down." Wu Xi shakes his head while chuckling.

Unknown Prison

Sounds of footsteps in the prison starts getting nearer. The footsteps halt in front of a cell. The sounds of metal prison being slammed open startled the guards. They quickly closed the fence hoping to never be the reason behind his anger.

Inside the prison, four men being tied shivering in cold and fear. They could predict their fate. Li Zhao is a man of few words who let his hands do the work.

He is someone which all the mother use as a bedtime story to their children to scare them. Being responsible for many deaths and bloodbaths made him even craves for blood.

Li Zhao's voice cuts through the air warns the prisoners. Eyes is no more normal, it had turn dark black. He is in his form whenever he went for a war. A beast that wanted to kill. For her.

Walking towards their direction in a very scary manner, he shoots the men a look and it make them tremble in fear. The four men wanting to peed seeing Li Zhao with rage.

He literally look at them in blank as the men plead and cry to no avail. Li Zhao feel nothing. The moment they lay a hand on her is the day they need to deceased.

"Your Highness! We are very sorry. We will never talk about you again." One of the men begging while crying.

They thought they are getting killed because of them mocking Li Zhao. But they were wrong.

"You lay your hand on her." Li Zhao said darkly. His hand wanting to slay all of them.

"My Princess Consort." He emphasises it and proves that he take it very seriously about her.

"I did not!" One of them begin to deny.

"Your Highness please! I also didn't hit her!" He basically screamed for his life.

"It was him! He was the one who hit her Your Highness! I had nothing to do with it!" Another man defend himself. He just wanted to stay alive.

A man at the end of the line kept his silence as he know he is going to die today. Knowing that, he purposely provoked Li Zhao despite fearing him.

"Your pretty little Princess Consort hit me first. You should have teach her Your Highness." The man chuckle.

Once Li Zhao saw the culprit, he grip his throat and slammed him against the wall with an arm. He put pressure on his throat, cutting off his air supply.

"You really think that she will accept you once she knew you're just a beasts who is heartless?" That man forced out the words out of his last breath. His face turned blue.

"Shut up!" His roars thundering in the prison which make all the other prisoner keep quiet. Li Zhao wrath soar up when he heard him saying that.

In one swift motion Li Zhao swings the man to the ground, grabbing hold of his hair and smashed his face into the concrete which earn a painful yell. Li Zhao broke his bones. Sharp crack can be heard.

"You had this coming the moment you decided to lay your filthy hands on what's mine." Li Zhao punch him over and over again with full force.

That man faint on the ground. While the others screamed loudly when they witness it. They are totally scared. Blood splattered on the ground.

"He is still alive. Should I settle this Your Highness?" Wu Xi ask when he feel the man on the ground still breathing. Hardly.

"Let them go." Li Zhao whom face got some blood on him order Wu Xi.

"But Your Highness it is our rule to never let go someone who witnessed you killing." Wu Xi hesitantly said.

"It is a reminder to everyone. Never touch someone who belong to me." Li Zhao said mercilessly and went away with his bloody swords.

P.S.
I'm not an expert in writing this kind of torturing scene. So I hope you will accept this. 😅

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R