𝟎:𝟕𝟎

Milan POV

I was up all night thinking about wtf my mom meant by my dad faking his death. When I got older, I always thought those 6 years he was gone was just cuz he was a dead beat... and then the years he was in and out ? I thought he was just cheating on my mama. But don't nobody ever tell me shit anyways.

But best believeeee I'm going to find out. Cuz no more secrets, right ?

I hopped out of my bed and went downstairs to the kitchen where I seen Maleah digging through the fridge per usual. "Hey ugly." I said while standing behind the counter. She turned and ran over to giving me a hug, "hii ! I didn't know you were back. You staying?"

"We gon see. Trying to build this "relationship" so ... maybe. You seen mom? I gotta talk to her."

"Somewhere around here. She been a lil off since I seen her. Ion know why though."

"Mhm yeah... lemme go talk to her real quick." I left the kitchen to walk around the house to find her. I finally found her in her lil "mom cave" upstairs. "Can I come in?..." I said as I knocked on the door.

She nodded, "yeah.. come on."

I walked in and sat down in the rocking chair near the door. "So ... are you and dad gonna go into detail about what y'all were on about last night?"

"What were we on about?"
"You know... dad faking his death? Y'all can't just say stuff like that and then skip over it."

"We're grown, Milan. So I don't have to tell y'all nothing."

"Really? We're playing this game right now? What happened to us trying to build tRuSt and stuff ? Or that flew out the window already?"

"Or , somethings are okay to be kept private."
"Stuff like that should NOT be kept private. You had me thinking my father was a deadbeat. Whole time he was really faking his death. Which I guess would make him a deadbeat depending on the reason he wasn't around. So, what is it?"

"It's not my place to tell you! Ask your dad."

"No, no, NO! If we gon get shit off our chest this is the best time to do it. You know why he couldn't be around, so what is it ? I deserve to know why my father missed out on the most important parts of my life. So wassup?"

She sighed, "he never told me the full reason why. If I couldn't get nothing out of him at the time I'm damn sure y'all won't either."

"Okay you never got the full reason, but that means you got part of it from him."

"Not from him. From his mom."
"Grandma knew ?... she never told you?"

"Hell yeah she knew, Milan. I thought I was in good graces with her for the longest, but for her to keep some shit like that from me? KNOWING how hard it was for me to raise twins on my own... it's foul."

Damn.
I felt bad for her..

Like Ik her ass can be unbearable at times but I slight see where all this stress coming from..

She had no type of support system..

From nobody.
"man... sorry? I didn't know."
"No need to apologize, we never told y'all."

"So why wait any longer when we could just put it all out on the table now?"

She sighed, "she said it had some shit to do with his old lifestyle... he got caught up in sum bullshit and then ... yeah."

"That's it ? Old lifestyle bullshit ? That's not really giving anything..."

"Milan I'm as lost as y'all on this. Which is why I just left it alone. Which is what y'all should do, because you're not getting anything out of him."

she doubting me so heavy rn
ima get sumn outta him.
whether I gotta ask him or somebody else

This not sum shit you just throw under the rug..
________
-2 hours later

I was at my dad's crib with Mekai whom I dragged there with me. I wasn't bouta get answers on my own.

We were sitting on the couch, waiting for my dad to come down the stairs.

"Ion know why you dragged me here too. Tryna be Kim possible and shit." Mekai said as he slouched back on the couch.

I rolled my eyes, "fucc up with yo attitude. I wasn't tryna come here alone."

He smacked his teeth & shut up.
He gon fuss all he want, but he know he want answers too.

My dad walked down the steps and sat on the couch across from us, "so, wassup?" He said.

I spoke up first, because I knew Mekai's ass wasn't bouta do it, "sooo, about yesterday.. the whole faking your death type shit ... can we talk about that?"

I could see him tense up a bit, "it was a long ass time Milan. Ancient history fa real."

"Ancient history for y'all. Not us. Like I told mom, I wanna know why my own father wasn't present for the memorable parts of my life... so if this fake death shit is the reason, I wanna know why."

"Mekai... what about you?" He said

Mekai shrugged, "just here for moral support. Ion really care. Not gon change the shit going on now."

He wasn't wrong..

my dad nodded, "Aight then... uh.. I was doing some stuff I shouldn't have been doing. You already know about that. I did some stupid shit tryna get out of it which caused me to have to snitch on one of the guys I was involved with... to make a long story short, if I didn't make it seem like I was gone already, they would've came for y'all. Ion know how else to explain it to you but yeah..."

"So ... you tryna say you left us to protect us?" I asked

"Yes. Trust me, if I didn't have to, I wouldn't have, but I really didn't have no choice. All 3 of y'all were my top priorities & everyday I regret not being there for y'all like I should've... but I really had no choice."

"why couldn't you tell mom? I get you had no choice, but leaving ha for 6 years with no explanation and then just coming back in and expecting her to accept you is mad bold. I see why she mad."

"I see why she mad too Milan, trust me & ion blame her. If anything, she gave me enough chances to try and fix my shit & I just fucked her over each time, so she got every right to be pissy wit me. If it was vice versa, I would be too... but the one thing she didn't stop me from doing was being in y'all life... so I get you don't fuck wit her all the time... but cut ha some slack."

I hate when mfs be taking to me & they right.

cuz now I feel shitty .

I nodded, "mhm yeah...but what about y'all ?"

He raised his eyebrow, "what about us?.."

"Y'all should be amending things too & before you start, I'm not saying y'all should get back together, but I am saying that in order for this family shit to work, y'all have to be willing to try too."

He shrugged, "I'm willing. That's ya mom."

"Well when you bring a disrespectful ass ho into her house, I wouldn't be the first to try and amend shit either. So..."

"I can admit she got a temper but she not allat bad.."
"yeah.... okay.. anyways... you take care of that, we're gonna go."

Had to get my ass up through, before I got into it over that mf he call his fiancé.

Other than that I don't expect stuff to just go back to normal right after this, especially with me and my mom ..

but now I see how stubborn and selfish my ass was being towards her situation too.

i still don't think I'm completely in the wrong

BUT ! I'm willing to admit that she has her reasons on why she does some of the shit she does.

I guess.