𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

what i like about you

'keep on whispering in my ear, tell me all the things i want to hear'

"These pancakes are too dry..."

Lyra rolled her eyes at George. He sat across from her on the table where they were eating their breakfast, which they had made together.

"You're the one who insisted on adding more flour!" she exclaimed, pouring maple syrup onto her stack of golden pancakes.

George scoffed. "You readily agreed, Black, don't blame it all on me."

She sent him a glare as she bit into the meal. It was a tad too dry, but she would never admit that he was right. "They taste perfectly fine to me, Weasley."

It was the same morning as it had been when George arrived, dishevelled and panicked. She'd calmed him down into a slumber that lasted for a few hours until he woke again in sweats just as the sun was rising.

He'd begun panicking again, fretting that she was hurt, and assuring himself the skin on her arms remained unscathed. It was at that moment that Lyra realised how much she'd really hurt him, and just how much he loved her. She held him close to her chest, his long hair pressed against her face as she whispered consoling words in his ears.

"I'm okay, George," she'd said. "I love you, I'm here. I won't leave you, not again."

She repeated those words, and eventually, his panic ceased and his eyes dried.

"You alright, love?" she had asked softly.

His answer came as a hum, which she took as a sign to not speak about what had happened. So, she came up with the idea to bake pancakes. It had been tense at first, with Lyra wanting to make sure George really was okay, and he, wanting to forget the whole night. But once Lyra accidentally spilled flour all over the two while stirring the mix, the ice had broken and a war of flour had begun.

And now, they sat quietly, enjoying their breakfast in the morning light.

"Good morning, lovers."

They turned their heads and saw Mary scooping a few pancakes onto a plate.

She looked up at them, noticing their stares. "Am I not allowed to have these?"

Lyra shook her head, "No, help yourself. You just scared us is all."

Mary finished topping up her pancakes and sat diagonal to George and Lyra, at the head. "I know I'm good looking but Merlin, you don't have to stare at me like that..."

The couple looked away from Mary and at each other briefly. They continued to eat their breakfast in silence, and eventually, Theo, Georgia and Remus joined them too. Only Theo and Georgia seemed to acknowledge that George hadn't been there the night before, while Mary and Remus acted as if he didn't just randomly show up.