Special: Bloodlines

Tamaki hasn't shown up yet and it's starting to test Maki's patience. More so, she can't help but fathom why he's taking over an hour retrieving the curse tools. 

After the Shibuya incident, Yuta Okkotsu began to assemble a team to rescue Gojo from that pseudo-getou. Maki insisted on Tamaki heading to the Zenin family for some tools. Knowing his father is close with them, they would not hesitate to open their arms to his son. 

Or so she thought. 

Yuta stood in the corner and saw Maki's back directed at him. She just finished her conversation with Megumi, who continues to still stand against the idea of being the Zenin head. And it irked her so, since she knew she couldn't be head with that family so disapproving of her. It would be like living in a den of wolves. 

"Maki..I think you should go check up on him." Yuta's soft voice calls to her. She pivots and sees Yuta's pleading eyes. Even he's nervous. 

She simply lets out a 'ugh' with a hand firmly on her hip.

"Fine. Gee, That dummy probably got lost on his way there." She rolled her eyes, trying to act nonchalant around the two guys around her. She then makes her way past Yuta and walks her way back to her old home. 

As she exits the building, her heart starts to race frantically. Her eyes narrow and something in the pit of her stomach tells her it's bad news. 

Truth is, she was worried like Yuta. What was taking Tamaki so damn long? Getting weapons was easy in-and-out. There was no reason for him to stay longer than necessary. 

"Tamaki..where are you?" She huffs under her breath as she stomps up the stairs of the old temple she was born in. She looks at its architecture and she scoffs. Nothing's changed. 

An eyebrow from her features arch a bit when she notices the temple guards aren't present near the front doors. It was awfully quiet and eerie in the air. Even more so when she opens the doors and not one single person welcomed her in. Not like they would. She was at least expecting a grotesque stare from someone. 

Yet, no one was in the main hall. Not a single guard, Zenin member in sight and that's when she gets in a tense stance. Her arm by instinct reaches for the hilt of her sword behind her back. She was ready to fight. 

She takes the hallways and walk to the direction of the weaponry room. But nearby, a single room is open and when she looks, she can't help but scowl.

"You." She says it with venom seething out of her teeth. 

"Oh, aren't you an ugly sight?" 

Naoya leaned casually against the wall while sitting on a chair, hand under chin as he inspects the big scars across her face. The cropped hair she now displayed right in front of him. His face scrunches in disgust even more.